Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Uncertainties, that word has become the buzzword at this time and over the past year as we live in a world of uncertain times as they say. I can wholeheartedly agree. At times it just seems like all we do is pass from one uncertain event to the next. Things have become unpredictable. Here is a list if you will of things I can think of lately that have become wildly unpredictable:
The Weather, Presidential Elections (in the USA), COVID numbers up and down, our jobs, our health, and even it seems our spouses (Ha - even for me at least ;) - I don't think that is going to change any time soon !!!)

So, what else can we add to this list? I am sure you have some things that are uncertain in your life. Interestingly, their are those that thrive on chaos and things being unpredictable. I am not one of those. I love predictability in my life - call it stability if you will. But, we all know that life is not like that.

For the newcomers here, I do not mind saying that I am a man of faith (spiritual values), but let me be clear, I am not here to push or to stand on some soapbox to preach. No, I just like to write these little devotionals to help encourage those that are facing some difficulties. I am not a counselor nor a psychologist, but I do have a set of ears and a willingness to listen, and if those of you that are not offended, even offer to pray for you. Yes, I really do mean that. I do believe that prayer works, and if you have anything that you feel needs that extra to get you to pass your difficulties, I encourage you to send me a PM and I will be glad to do so for you.

I am not a perfect person and I cannot say that I am and I probably will never be a perfect person nor a perfect spiritual person. I do depend on one person that I do know IS predictable and IS certain and that is God. He knows what we have need of before we can even ask. I do not always get my prayers answered and when I look back at those times, I am glad that they did not get answered the way I wanted.

It is very hard even for me to see sometimes that God does love us, but he does. His ways are perched far above us and he is the only one that can see the tips of the Mast of a war ship coming from far away on the ocean and not only that can warn us and help us before the first Cannon ball is lit.

Have a peaceful day and I hope that if you are going through a tough time, just hang in there - you do have someone here that is willing to listen.

Kindly
Donald Driskell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back