Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Back about 5 months ago, my Wife's Mom suffered a very bad stroke that pretty much left her incapacitated. We knew it was just a matter of time before she passed. Well, it was this time last week that her mother did not make it. My Wife is ok with that as she knows where her mother is and that is with God now.

However, it is common human nature to miss those we love and have spent our lives with. I am sure just like the rest of us that from time to time, our memories will surface with things of the past with our loved ones that have gone on.

Separation is difficult to deal with and it does not matter who it is that we are separated from, especially when we loved the person or thing for so long. Separation can come in many forms of which is not the main focus here.

What do we do when we are faced with a form of separation from that loved one? Well, many books and articles have been written on this and I am surely not an expert to say. But if you were to just bear with me, there can be a little hope in this life and the life beyond.

For you newcomers, this might be the first time you might read my Shipbuilders Devotional. For the long-term members, you all know that I subscribed to being a man of faith (even as imperfect as I am, and certainly do not want to be boastful - my goodness no). I have to look beyond myself. However, my desire is that perhaps someone that is reading this might can see a little hope and a little light of hope when things go terribly wrong. I am certainly not immune to things going wrong.

I titled this Devotion as "Separation", but there is hope and there is a God that promises that he will never leave us, nor forsake us and that nothing can "separate" us from His Love. This is clearly pointed out in these two particular verses.

In Romans 8:35 it says
"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?"

In Romans 8:38 it says
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love."

Kindly
Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back