Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

I am sure that many times Ships had to travel or sail through the Fog. What an eerie feeling. During the day or night, that had to be one scary situation even for the most brave sailor or captain. ...didn't know where they were. Didn't know where or what direction they were headed..

Sounds familiar ? It does to me. As a matter of fact, often times I feel that way. Where am I going, what am I supposed to do with this circumstance. I feel alone in a house of commotion. What have I done with my life ?

All to common questions, when we feel like there is no direction, especially when the Fog or Storms come. Prepared or not. A person one time expressed a "play of words" with me one time and actually the way you split just the letters can mean a huge difference. Lets take the word "Nowhere" and lets change things up and put a space in this one word to "Now Here".... Same letters just adding a space Nowhere to Now Here. Pretty neat huh ?

For those that wish to put God in the mix. We can add God in the space "Now (God is) Here !!! I think that is much better. We should all try putting God in that little space. It probably would make our day have a little bit more meaning to it even if we feel like we are going nowhere !!! Try putting God in your nowhere days and see what happens.

Donnie

I've been on a boat in the Fog, dense thick fog. crawling along at a snails pace trying to find land to get a bearing from. I cant imagine a sailor in the open ocean having the same problem know land is nowhere in sight even on a clear day that must be scary. Life is certainly like this sometimes adrift sometimes unclear sometimes scary. Do we hold fast and wait for things to clear up or do we wade into unknown waters. only we as individuals can know that answer some are Brave some aren't some take risks some play it safe. Asking for direction isn't always answered the way we want or in the time frame we desire.

I remember something my parents told me as a young man I questioned why God doesn't answer when I ask questions. The response was Son your questions are always heard, but your not the only person asking questions sometimes waiting for the answers is required, but know that God will never leave your questions unanswered sometimes the answer is given and we fail to see it right away and sometimes the answers come later sometimes the answer isn't what we want to hear so we keep asking, but God will never lead you astray look for the answer and accept what ever the answer is. I remember this Because I've had the same conversation with my kids. The (Nowhere, Now here) can be an answer we are all somewhere in life. some where we want to be and some not, but we are all somewhere in life. Now here tells me I'm here at this moment in time. I put my faith in God to help guide my way, along the way I steer to see what's around this bend or that bend, but I always return to the path laid before me. Trust God he will never give you the wrong answer.

Donnie thank you for this writing it brought back a memory for me that I forgot was locked away. A good memory I don't ever want to forget

as a young man I questioned why God doesn't answer when I ask questions.
G'day Joe
God always listen to us all, but like our 'blood' father he doesn't always give you what you want, but rather give you what you will need.
Once many years ago, I questioned why this or that happens, but there's always a Divine Plan that he has and I was fortunate enough to realize, His plans are always correct.
He often talks to me and I always listen to His advice.
I did wonder years ago, why I had that car bungle, but now I knew the reason. If I continued on my path without the accident, I could have been killed around the next corner.
That is my way of looking at bad things that happened to me, because I know He is guiding me all the way.
Trust in Him
Greg

I did not have a good relationship with my dad. Distant. Non emotional. Never praised me for anything, never said he was proud of me. He was a truck driver, from the country. No feelings. Nothing. He smoked a lot. He knew it bothered me. He did not care. The desire to smoke over rode his sympathy for anything. He always denied it when my Mom and I would tell him the cigarette smoke was making me sick. I stayed sick all the time, he did not care. the Desire to smoke over rode everything. When I had to ride with him in the car, it was a hell. ( I am not using that in the context of a cuss word) He would not roll his windows down. I suffered. Because of his ignorance and lack of education he thought we were making up excuses. No, I did not love my dad. He rarely ever played with me when growing up. We never had anything in common. He died of COPD. Do I miss him ? No.
I had to teach myself what a man should be like. I did not want to pattern myself to his lifestyle and what HE thought a man should be. I strived my whole life not to be like him.
Everytime he came to my house, the first thing that came out of his mouth was critising me and my house. Nothing never good every came from his lips.

I did not have a good relationship with my dad. Distant. Non emotional. Never praised me for anything, never said he was proud of me. He was a truck driver, from the country. No feelings. Nothing. He smoked a lot. He knew it bothered me. He did not care. The desire to smoke over rode his sympathy for anything. He always denied it when my Mom and I would tell him the cigarette smoke was making me sick. I stayed sick all the time, he did not care. the Desire to smoke over rode everything. When I had to ride with him in the car, it was a hell. ( I am not using that in the context of a cuss word) He would not roll his windows down. I suffered. Because of his ignorance and lack of education he thought we were making up excuses. No, I did not love my dad. He rarely ever played with me when growing up. We never had anything in common. He died of COPD. Do I miss him ? No.
I had to teach myself what a man should be like. I did not want to pattern myself to his lifestyle and what HE thought a man should be. I strived my whole life not to be like him.
Everytime he came to my house, the first thing that came out of his mouth was critising me and my house. Nothing never good every came from his lips.
I'm so sorry about your childhood mate. My dad and grandfather taught me everything I know about carpentry and I thank them always when I'm around the sawdust.
I'm happy to say that I miss them both and one day we'll be all united the grace of our true Father.
Greg

Sorry to Hear that Donnie. My Biological Father passed away when I was just 6 years old. I never knew him and only remember meeting him one time. My Mother remarried and the stepfather I got was a good man as far as responsibilities went he works supported my sister and me even though we weren't his. He was very hard on me and I never knew why till he was in his later years of life his statement to me was I was hard on you so you did the right things in life. Well he was quite surprised when I told him had he eased up a bit I may not have been such a rebel. He was in the army so needless to say when I joined the Marine corp. he was Not pleased. I did that out of spite as I really didn't care what branch I went to I just needed the structuring that only the military can provide a rebellious young man with horrifying ideas in his head. he spent most of his life in a bottle so no hunting fishing or any other activity he didn't even show me how to shave I found out how the hard way. so what did I learn from him I learned there is nothing in the bottom of a bottle that's any good and most importantly I learned how not to be a father to my kids. there is always a positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back