Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Something happened two thousand and nineteen years ago that changed the calendar dates from BC to AC. (some call it BE and AE - before common and after common era). Which ever way you wish, the common acceptance that "something happened".

To the newcomers to the forum, you might not be aware of my beliefs. I have said many times before, everyone has their own beliefs or even no beliefs. I am not here to push my thoughts onto anyone, but I do like to encourage every one on this forum that Ships of Scale (SOS) will always be a safe place to build what you want and to buy what you want.

So, lets go back and visit "something happened". I remember in my young years of grade school, baseball, basketball teams, or any particular sport, it was always a joy to know that you were chosen to be on the team. Face it. It was a degrading thought to be left out. Oh, how many times I was left out to maybe go home and not to play. Or, maybe to watch the others play as their peers chose each other to be on their teams. Just as I write this, it brings back some sad feelings.

Lets just imagine for a minute that no matter who you are, what your abilities you have, what talents you have or don't have, what wrong you have done DID NOT MATTER as "something happened" that now you realize that you are chosen !- as a matter of fact, you were chosen FIRST.

Well, I don't know about you, but I would be very excited and my self esteem would fly off the charts. Especially, if I did not earn it or deserved it. Now that would be amazing and even a miracle as I am not good in sports of any type.

Therefore, what was the "something happened" over two thousand years ago that changed everything. Well, you might or might not know - yes, it was the Lord God that chose you first. As a matter of fact, did you know that He even chose you BEFORE the foundation of the world ? Now that is incredible. So in order for that to be true, God would have had to know who you were before you were born, or even a thought in your parents mind. God would also know every person that would ever be born from the beginning until now.

Well, that is just too overwhelming to think. So, how do I know. Well, again, I am not wanting to push anyone to look this up, But if you happen to have a friendly little Bible sitting around, I ask you to look this up. It is in the Book of Ephesians. Chapter 1 and verse 4. It says:

....just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Now, hold on a minute, you probably see something that says holy and without blame. Well, here is the deal. I am not blameless and being holy? well, I cannot brag about that either. So back to "something happened" - Even that God chosen you, He also provided a way for you to "accept" being on His team.

In conclusion, since what Jesus Christ did over two thousand years go, you are already chosen, BUT your part is to accept and believe that He is on the winning team.

Its like a marriage proposal, I chose my wife, but she had to say YES ! God chose you before the foundation of the world, but you have to say Yes !!

Whether you observe Easter or not next week, just take time to think about instead of "something happened" to "what happened, and why it happen" !!

Thank you for choosing Ships of Scale as your forum as we know that their are people behind the models and that is most important to me !

Donald B. Driskell

WELL SAID DONNIE, you expresed it better then I could, to me there are 2 hings that I constanly think about that JESUS TAOUGHT( LOVE THE THE LORD GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, MIND, STRENTH< EVERYTHING AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF) as EASTER APPROACHES LET US NOT FORGET THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back