Thinking of building OcOre HMS Terror model

I seem to be in remission in my health and now that I built HMS VICTORY I thought, as a Canadian, it would be great to start a model of the HMS Terror. I can only find a kit made by OcCre. Has anyone tried this kit or know anything on its quality?

I seem to be in remission in my health and now that I built HMS VICTORY I thought, as a Canadian, it would be great to start a model of the HMS Terror. I can only find a kit made by OcCre. Has anyone tried this kit or know anything on its quality?
Welcome aboard!!

As far as I seen the kit seems to be ok

Thanks everyone!
When I start the TERROR I may try to post a buildlog, though I have no idea how to do that!
Would be great, if you start a building log. This model has realy some specialities.....
Zoltán already posted you link to the tutorial, and we are happy to assist when necessary....

I finally purchased the HMS TERROR from Occre.
I ran into a lot of problems with their ply wood pieces in that a lot of them warped badly. The deck, the keel and some of the bulwarks. Also some had a problem of the plywood of separating. The ply in all seemed very low quality.
I commend Occre in that they replaced the parts a number of times at no cost, but waiting for each request for three weeks was very frustrating. On the last set of keel, and deck etc the pieces were warped so I decided to try and straighten what I could. It went sort of ok. I am now wiring with yellow individual LEDs that each one flickered independently.
Would I recommend this model or company, well yes as Occre does try hard to help their customers though won’t admit to seemingly problems with the plywood.
Expect to be very innovated on this build.

I finally purchased the HMS TERROR from Occre.
I ran into a lot of problems with their ply wood pieces in that a lot of them warped badly. The deck, the keel and some of the bulwarks. Also some had a problem of the plywood of separating. The ply in all seemed very low quality.
I commend Occre in that they replaced the parts a number of times at no cost, but waiting for each request for three weeks was very frustrating. On the last set of keel, and deck etc the pieces were warped so I decided to try and straighten what I could. It went sort of ok. I am now wiring with yellow individual LEDs that each one flickered independently.
Would I recommend this model or company, well yes as Occre does try hard to help their customers though won’t admit to seemingly problems with the plywood.
Expect to be very innovated on this build.
Seems, that you had really bad luck with the kit parts - in my sample kit the plywood parts were all ok.....
We are looking froward to see your model......

I've completed several Occre kits and always found the quality of timber & fittings to be very good though I did have a couple of broken pieces in one kit (S. Trinidad) Occre Customer Service replaced them immediately. One of the things I like about the new kits is that they produce a series of videos on YouTube for those who may be new to modeling - The Terror has 111 videos from opening the box to completion so if you get stuck......

Seems, that you had really bad luck with the kit parts - in my sample kit the plywood parts were all ok.....
We are looking froward to see your model......
I forgot the link to the kit review:

I've completed several Occre kits and always found the quality of timber & fittings to be very good though I did have a couple of broken pieces in one kit (S. Trinidad) Occre Customer Service replaced them immediately. One of the things I like about the new kits is that they produce a series of videos on YouTube for those who may be new to modeling - The Terror has 111 videos from opening the box to completion so if you get stuck......
I agree - these small videos are a good help to jump into the next working step - (and also a forum like SOS ;) )

Back