Time to learn from the best.

Hello Everybody.

First of all a word of admiration for this forum and the huge amount of great model builders in it.
My name is António, I am 45, a Portuguese living in Poland since 2005. My family roots are all connected to fishing and the sea, so after emigrating, that was when the need to document some of the roots began. So about 2007, after receiving a very basic 2 EUR wood model to simply glue, I realized that I could make some ribs for a codfishing dory. The portuguese codfisheries are also in the family, from my father, grandfathers, uncles, etc, so it was always an interest. So that dory was my first ever model. From it I went into my hometown old traditional fishing boats. All those models can be seen a bit more in detail in my youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE86FA4A2FAC0D615

I will be glad to answer any questions on these models, as all their drawings and research were done by myself.
A couple of months ago I started the cutter Sherborne from 1763. For it I will open a thread.

Best Regards.

Hi Antonio!
Nice models on your channel-it's nice to represent your family's history through modeling.
I'm building my first kit, Artesania Latina's Swift. It's kind of a pain in the rear end, poor instructions, parts sizes differ but, it does look like a boat.
Fitting the keel for 1-1/2 hours now......
YQ Bluenose is next...... I think.
Welcome, the info and help is fantastic within the SOS community!!
Steviedean

Welcome aboard SOS, Antonio! We are glad to have you among us. Looking forward to your build log of cutter Sherborne 1763. :)

Hallo Antonio,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Very interesting boat models you are showing - and you have found already your own style.....
I am looking forward to see your work on the Sherborne (I guess the kit from Jotika, or?) in the building log

Hallo Antonio,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Very interesting boat models you are showing - and you have found already your own style.....
I am looking forward to see your work on the Sherborne (I guess the kit from Jotika, or?) in the building log
Hallo Uwe.

In fact I never buy kits, as I find them a waste of money and it is much more interesting to research and make the drawings, or use original "old" plans. My base for the Sherborne is simply the original plan from the english museum and the builds from other people. Soon I will open that building log :)

Hallo Uwe.

In fact I never buy kits, as I find them a waste of money and it is much more interesting to research and make the drawings, or use original "old" plans. My base for the Sherborne is simply the original plan from the english museum and the builds from other people. Soon I will open that building log :)
Oh, very good - and very interesting to hear...... so I guess it is based on these plans
j7809.jpg

I will follow your building log with big interest

Back