To My Fellow Passionate Modellers. (My Introduction).

I'm Phiroze, Born & Brought up in Bombay, India. The son of an Indian Naval officer and India's first Olympian sailor in the Flying Dutchman, 1972, Munich Olympics. My DIIad was my inspiration and I've grown up with toys & model boats and sailing Optimists, lasers and then on to windsurfing shortboards. Always attached to the Sea, I now own a yacht management company and have been heading it since 2003. I'm now 49yrs.

I've always been passionate about model making and though very amateur I love & have a love for detail work. I've built & customised a 1m RC sailing boat, (twice), I'm learning learning airspray work, helped fix and repair a number of models for friend's friend. I was thrown into the deep end to build a Cutty Sark when I was in college, for a friend who had this kit lying a round and couldn't get anyone to build it. Its a shame I don't have any photographs of my work, but I was proud of the finished product and the owners were too. They left the country and I haven't been able to trace them since. The project took me a year as I was learning as I went along. I'd sit up late into the nights. I remember the Ratlines were the toughest as I did them manually, thread by thread. I thrived and revelled in working on this piece and I knew then, I wanted to do many more.

Now, many years on, I've decided to re-kindle my passion for model Work and to begin with, I've just today ordered Ferrari Arno XI - (Special Edition Kit). I was about to order the Endeavour too but I thought I'd take it one at a time and start building some skills again and also build on my tools. The Endeavour would take longer to build and I need a proper space and set up for that.

Super excited to be here on this Forum and look forward to seeing all the fantastic work you guys do. Thank you for accepting me to your group and I'm looking forward to posting some of my own work.

Warm regards & Happy Modeling.

PhiTheBee.

Hallo Phiroze and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Did you order the Amati kit of the racing boat?
Would be great to see your model growing in a building log.......
BTW Do you plan to build her static or as a RC-model?

I know once there was a transkit mainly of the motor existing
Hi Uwek,
Yes, I ordered it from Amati's Online store. It will be a static model. I would love to get an engine as well ut currently they seem to be out of stock. I haven't searched much yet, but that will be my next hunt once I receive the model in the next few days. Thank you for the links.
I would love to keep a building Log and intend to.
Thank yo once again,
Phiroze.

Back