Tools for making materials

The Planer is a must have item. I bought one that turned out to be defective and I'm still waiting on a replacement. I like the Proxxon its a nice size for this hobby when space is an issue. I should have bought that one.

Totally agree, if you have seen the thread about wooddrying I wrote, then the plan is to cut this tree down so
I can adjust it with the planner before I start with the very small dimensions.
Fine what?.

KNUT

Hi Knut!! I am jealous because i don't have enough space for those tools, but at the same time happy for you!! BUT...that rusty hammer on top of the table saw hurt my fillings.:eek: This surface has to be protected from any scratches bumps not to mention hammers (specifically rusty ones):p

Hi Everyone, I have up graded all my tools getting rid of the hobby size tools, and getting the medium sized regular tools, they are much cheaper and can do more work, one of the tools i have, is a tool caled THE LUTHERS BEST FRIEND(used by instrument makers, violins, guitaras) it is a thickness sander that mounts on my bench drill press, and has a dual purpose and can be used as a spindel sander also, so I got two tools in one it is not cheap $220.00, but adding the cost of a model size thickness sander and a spindel sander, saved quite a lot, will show tools soon as my Son-In-Law is finished with my bench drill pres and stand. Don

Good now I can ask someone if I have a problem, which as always I am sure I will need it, ALSO I FOREGOT TO MENTION IT HAS A 2 inch dust colector which fits my vac good so far if it is to loose when i turn the vac on i will use a hose clamp. Don

Good now I can ask someone if I have a problem, which as always I am sure I will need it, ALSO I FOREGOT TO MENTION IT HAS A 2 inch dust colector which fits my vac good so far if it is to loose when i turn the vac on i will use a hose clamp. Don
went and had a look at it, I like it a lot. would come in handy for many things around my shop from ship work to guitars and I am sure I'll find other uses for it. I have a Gibson neck that needs a whole fret board replaced this tool will do a fine job of making that. Gonna run it past the Admiral shouldn't be a problem since I use my guitar work to make extra cash.

Hello Norway, it seems that you have the same Proxxon table saw as I, but the dust extraction of this machine is not the best one, so I wonder if you have made some sort of modification to improve that?

Back