Train stuff

Can I list some train things that I want to sell on this site? Loco's, track, turnouts, rolling stock and structures. Some new in the box and some used. Nothing is listed elsewhere yet.
... I mean, you can certainly post here, however, please remember that we are a Ship modeling forum, for most part, and it might not target all potential buyers.

I understand that Jim but I figured that the few train guys that are on here might want something before I open it all up to the public. Kind of like getting the first crack at the stuff. I'd rather not get hit with a whole bunch of inquiries at one time anyway. Already got thirteen hits as it is, right here, so there are more than few who are interested enough to hit "Train stuff." Just didn't want to do something that isn't permitted.
."

I understand that Jim but I figured that the few train guys that are on here might want something before I open it all up to the public. Kind of like getting the first crack at the stuff. I'd rather not get hit with a whole bunch of inquiries at one time anyway. Already got thirteen hits as it is, right here, so there are more than few who are interested enough to hit "Train stuff." Just didn't want to do something that isn't permitted.
."
Go for it!! :)

Took a few pictures tonight to see how these will show up. Have to adjust my lighting a bit I think. The first tank car shows two sides of the car but the color didn't show right. The actual color is the light yellow on the left. It has horn hook couplers and is missing a hand railing at one end. I think I have it and I'll replace it if I can find it. Otherwise everything is there. #54 and #55 are two long Texaco tank cars. All parts are there and the top railing around the filling port are snapped. The railings should be replaced anyway since they are out of scale. Both cars have horn hook couplers and one is missing but the coupler pocket is there and in good shape. #62 and #63 are of the Sylvania tank car. It's a long one like the last three with horn hook couplers and all parts attached. Top rails are not snapped. The last long tank car is also horn hook and all parts are there and attached but top railings are snapped. Each car is $7 and three, wrapped for cushioning will fit in a USPS small flat rate box for $11. More tomorrow. Check or money order. These tankers are all 7" long. Any offers will be considered.

100_0052 - Copy (2).JPG

100_0053 - Copy.JPG

100_0054 - Copy.JPG

100_0055 - Copy.JPG

100_0062 - Copy.JPG

100_0063 - Copy.JPG

100_0064 - Copy (2).JPG

100_0065 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
For a savings on shipping, check out pirateship.com They are usually good for a 30%+ discount on shipping through USPS and UPS through volume shipper discounts. I'm just a happy customer.

The next batch is mixed and one picture of each. #56 good clean car, older style roof walk,has all wheels but one knuckle coupler is missing. Body mounted coupler pocket intact. #58 custom paint by me. Good weight, all wheels with knuckle couplers. RTR. #61 Schlitz beer car, good condition, clean, HH couplers, RTR. #67 Swift Refrig Line, clean, good condition, all wheels and HH couplers. RTR. #68 Lousy color but what can I say? Clean, good condition, Sliding doors, HH couplers, RTR. #80,82 &81 are all military vehicles, turrets turn and guns raise and lower. Good detail for such small items. $7 each RR car and $5 each military item (6). OOPS! Dog is not for sale.

100_0056 - Copy (2).JPG

100_0058 - Copy (2).JPG

100_0061 - Copy.JPG

100_0067 - Copy.JPG

100_0068 - Copy.JPG

100_0080.JPG

100_0082.JPG

100_0081.JPG

DSCF0001 (4).JPG

As if that isn't enough, this box has more tankers in it. These are all standard sized tankers and are 5 1/2" long. So here we go; #01 Cities Service , good wheels, good condition, HH couplers and wire hand rail all around.RTR. #02 STP tanker, good trucks with HH couplers, clean and in good operating condition RTR. #03 Diamond Chemicals, good condition, good trucks and HH couplers. RTR. #04General Dynamics, Good trucks and HH couplers, top guard rails snapped and wire hand rails bent. Not serious. RTR. #05 Union 76 fuel tanker. Clean and good condition, one side ladder missing, both couplers missing but coupler pockets intact. #06 Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo box car. Older type with roof walk, doors do not open, trucks and couplers are in good condition. RTR. #07 depressed center flat car, triple wheel trucks and HH couplers. One coupler missing. Otherwise RTR All items $7plus shipping. Now for another box of goodies.

100_0001.JPG

100_0002.JPG

100_0003.JPG

100_0004.JPG

100_0005.JPG

100_0006.JPG

100_0007.JPG

It' not done yet so here's some more.The set in the first pic is from the Shell Oil Co. from about 20 years ago. You got one car starting with the caboose every time you filled up your car. The pieces aren't HO but they are on HO trucks and will roll on any HO track anywhere. The engine is not powered. The couplers all work and there is nothing missing. One tank car fell on the floor and cracked open the tank. It's made of pot metal like die cast cars and it did not fit back together very well.However it's all there and looks ok. $25 for this train.#09 Yellow Bell Outdoor box car. Very good condition, HH couplers,trucks are good, clean and RTR. $7. #10 is N scale houses. I may find the rest of the houses under construction but for now this is it. $5 each. #11,12,13,&14 are very old American Flyer cars. They have not been restored and all the wheels and couplers are attached and work as they should. $25 each. (2) There are four engines in this last picture that are complete and ran fine the last time I used them. So I will clear off my tracks and test them before I sell them. $30 each

100_0008.JPG

100_0009.JPG

100_0010.JPG

100_0011.JPG

100_0012.JPG

100_0013.JPG

100_0014.JPG

100_0015.JPG

A few more things for tonight as long as I have some time.
The first two pics are of EMD DD40AX Centennial Union Pacific #6910 with DCC. I have two of these and they are brand new in the box. I did unpack them both and test ran them and they are great runners. I do not have DCC so I could only run them with DC which went fine. The second unit is #6900 if that makes any difference to you. These engines are identical and are for sale at $250 each.

The next three pics are of a Union Pacific 4-8-4 steam loco #807. It is DCC ready and ran fine on my DC track. The extra pic of the tender is a mistake. There is one tender only. This engine is for sale at $200.

The last two pics are the same engine only done in the Daylight paint scheme. It's a Southern Pacific 4-8-4 GS4, #4446 steam loco with DCC. It's for sale for $250.

All four of these engines are made by Bachmann and look spectacular on the tracks. A few pics of them are here too. As the first private buyer you will also get the full Bachmann warranty on each engine.

100_0023.JPG

100_0024.JPG

100_0025.JPG

100_0025.JPG

100_0026.JPG

100_0027.JPG

100_0028.JPG

Last edited:
Back