Trumpeter 1/200 Missouri build [COMPLETED BUILD]

It's been a while since I've posted any pics of the build, but I have been busy with the project. I have received the base but I am still waiting for more walnut strips that the ship will sit on. in the meantime, work has proceeded on the superstructure. These pics show the first and second levels of the superstructure will all of the attachments. The hand rails are a real treat, one rung at a time. Also. the ammo racks inside the bofor mounts are tedious and time consuming.
These pics are of the starboard side, stern to bow. The port side is basically the same.
More to come.
Happy Modeling.

Attachments

• 0001@96sos.JPG
    0001@96sos.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 0002@96sos.JPG
    0002@96sos.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 218
This pic shows the number of pieces, by level, that make up the ammo racks inside one of the bofor mounts.

Attachments

• 0000@96.JPG
    0000@96.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 185
I have pretty much completed the triple bofor mounts that reside pretty much midship on both the port and starboard side. Following is the build sequence of each. Each one of the triplets utilizes 11 pieces of plastic, 8 brass ladders, 44 brass ladder rungs, 62 brass ammo rack pieces, 1 brass support, 1 brass basket, and finally, 6 small brass attachments.
This first pic shows the plastic triple bofor base. The 3 rows of ammo racks have been added to the left side. The 7 pieces on the bottom are for one row of the racks to be installed on the right side.

Attachments

• 0009@96sos.JPG
    0009@96sos.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 189
one more shot of these triplet bofor mounts, here are the 2 of them mounted on the superstructure. This view is from the stern.

Attachments

• 0025@96sos.JPG
    0025@96sos.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 93
Thank you all for your words of encouragement.
Yes, the process is very tedious and like all other model ships (wooden and plastic alike) the devotion to the project is a major commitment.
I have been working on the ship since my last post. Right now, the base that the Missouri will sit on is out at the case maker shop. When I bought the base, I had it routed with a groove that the cover would sit in. The tolerances are just as precise as some of the PE pieces, so I left the base at the shop so that they could fit it just right.
We leave on Jan 2 for a cruise, and then to New York to visit the kids, so in a few weeks, I put the ship out of my mind and take a much needed break.
Again, thanks all.
Jim

I have more assemblies to post here.
Following is the assembly of the Mk-37 Gun Directors.
First a pic of the parts

Attachments

• 0001@96sos.JPG
    0001@96sos.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 298
Back