Trying to find crew for HMS Nelson

I am building a diorama of HMS Nelson firing her guns during Operation Neptune and I’m trying to locate a source for ww2 Royal Navy crew and officers, preferably painted and in dark uniforms. Eduard only offers ww1 figures which are mostly on whites. If anyone can suggest a source I’d appreciate the help.

The model is in 1/700 scale. Those crew figures look great. Unfortunately, I do not have a 3D printer at my disposal yet. At this scale I thought pre-painted photoetch was acceptable however finding a suitable set of crew has eluded me. I do want to look into getting a 3D printer at some point.
Thank you for the advice.

The model is in 1/700 scale. Those crew figures look great. Unfortunately, I do not have a 3D printer at my disposal yet. At this scale I thought pre-painted photoetch was acceptable however finding a suitable set of crew has eluded me. I do want to look into getting a 3D printer at some point.
Thank you for the advice.
1/700 scale figures for modern battleships are pretty easy to find because of all the plastic model makers out there but older sailors are not so easy to find. Here are some that may work for you: LINK

Here are some more: LINK2

Thank you. I’m thinking the Kriegsmarine set is closest to the RN uniforms of the era. Although putting them on as crew and not POW’s would seem odd.

Thank you Jimsky,
I have looked at North Star before, however, it seems they do not have Royal Navy figures.

Try TotalNavy figures. The company has a variety of scales including 1/700 and appear to be painted. Located in NY. Cheers Francis

With few excerptions during WWII most Navy uniforms were based on the uniforms of the Royal Navy. At 1/700 scale with a typical figure being 0.100 inch (2.6MM) tall I would think any Navy figure would pass.

Osprey has a a well illustrated book on the Royal navy uniforms during WWII.

Thank you.
Even though my goal was to simplify my task (as well as save my eyesight), I’ve settled on Gold Medal Models PE generic Naval figure set, as their PE is usually thicker and IMO will help in shaping. I was surprised that there are practically no representations of WWII RN figures in the scale. Regardless I feel these figures may add a little more realism and give “life” to the ship. Now I have to perfect my micro-painting skills. Again thanks to all for your input.

Back