Example shows how eye splice is done around the block. First I found good method to hold the block. Then took a piece of preserved rope and wrapped it around the block as shown and clamp the ends with some holder. It is a blue colour holder on the picture.
Then I tied an overhand knot as close to block as possible.
Several more of overhand knots were applied. each next time they were done on the other side of rope loop to avoid bad appearance.
Then the blue holder is removed.
the shorter end of the rope is snapped off a few millimetres close off the tie.
Then the serving yarn was undone up to the tie and snapped off too.
Then three threads of the rope got unwinded.
One of those three threads I snap right off up to the tie.
the second one I snapped halfway to the length of the last one.
Then I continued to make my overhand ties till all three rope threads are totally covered.
Then I apply a very small portion of CA glue.
Then I snapped off the tie ends.
View attachment 623081
View attachment 623082
View attachment 623083
View attachment 623084
View attachment 623085
View attachment 623086
View attachment 623087
View attachment 623088
View attachment 623089
View attachment 623090
View attachment 623091
View attachment 623092
View attachment 623093
View attachment 623094
View attachment 623095