US Frigate Essex - 1:50 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I made up the quarterdeck bulwark ringbolts and eyebolts. I also made up cleats. I then drilled the bulwarks and transom for all of them and installed them.

I then made two transom knees and installed them.

View attachment 224805View attachment 224806View attachment 224807View attachment 224808View attachment 224809View attachment 224810View attachment 224811View attachment 224812View attachment 224813View attachment 224814
I CANNOT SAY MORE THAN I HAVE BEFORE, MORE THAN I LIKE YOUR CLEATS ( making(CLAMS) AND MAKING SURE NO LIFT UP LATER
.A THROUGH PRODESIONAL

I guess these laying knees will be not or only at the end visible, or?
So most of the part will be covered with planks.....

Uwe, I will add minimal amount of deck planking in the waist so the big part of the knees will be visible.

Last edited:
Hi from El Capi. Fantastic Build. I would say that it is in the Class of Carl Manches Prinz Friedrich. You are both a BIG LOWER f handling WOODS of any kind. Both my father and little brother were carpenters-with big toolrooms - so I can see, when good work is done. I myself went more on the marine route - navy etc- but ended up as a Biochemical engineer, where the company I was working for is today making 1.000.000 tons of biofuel, as we had the products to transform wooden materials, waste from the file etc into Alcohol. I am making a short article about "WHAT is the raw materials in a Tree, then Planks etc. Most people will be surprised that about 85-95 of raw materials in wood is being built up with HUGH sugar Molecules, where the smallest part "(stone is Glucose) 50% of our common sugar. If it has an interest here in SOS, I do not knot know, but is the main reason that ONLY heats (in different forms) can help bending Wood.

Dear El Capi, thank you so much for encouraging words.. I don't consider myself as a master but I want to be :)

Last edited:
As I have said MANY TIMES- AN ABSOLUTELY WEEL DONE MODEL. I like the way way, that you secure your pin rails with nails, to avoid an accident and or a lift of. I am still making a copy of your Build -the last one -as I will start retiring from this Side- there are several reason for that

Back