USS Bonhomme Richard [COMPLETED BUILD]

Le Bonhomme Richard était une frégate de la Continental Navy , la marine constituée lors de la révolution américaine.
Il est construit en 1765 à l'arsenal de Lorient. Il fut mis à la disposition de John Paul Jones en 1779 par le roi de France
Louis XVI , grâce à l'appui de Jacques-Donatien Le Ray.
Le nom de Bonhomme Richard fut choisi par Jones afin d'honorer Benjamin Franklin.
Le navire à coulé à la suite de la bataille de Flamborough Head en septembre 1779 , en mer du Nord au large des
côtes du Yorkshire.
A suivre.....

google translation:
The Bonhomme Richard was a frigate of the Continental Navy, the navy formed during the American Revolution.
It was built in 1765 at the Lorient arsenal. It was placed at the disposal of John Paul Jones in 1779 by the King of France
Louis XVI, thanks to the support of Jacques-Donatien Le Ray.
The name Bonhomme Richard was chosen by Jones to honor Benjamin Franklin.
The ship sank following the Battle of Flamborough Head in September 1779, in the North Sea off the
Yorkshire coast.
To be continued.....

Photo 0.jpgPhoto 2.jpgPhoto 4.jpgPhoto 6.jpgPhoto 7.jpgPhoto 8.jpgPhoto 11.jpgPhoto 17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see another Bonhomme Richard section - mine is half done and is waiting for finalization - many thanks for sharing your with us

Super de voir une autre section de Bonhomme Richard - la mienne est à moitié terminée et attend d'être finalisée - merci beaucoup de partager la vôtre avec nou

Super de voir une autre section de Bonhomme Richard - la mienne est à moitié terminée et attend d'être finalisée - merci beaucoup de partager la vôtre avec nous
Merci beaucoup et merci à vous

I also have this kit, I have barely started it--thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. They are a great help for and encouragement to me. Beautiful workmanship is displayed in your pictures--I hope I can do half as good.

I also have this kit, I have barely started it--thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. They are a great help for and encouragement to me. Beautiful workmanship is displayed in your pictures--I hope I can do half as good.
Merci beaucoup pour vos commentaires agréables..Prenez beaucoup de plaisirs à réaliser le votre , c'est un modèle intéressant et passionnant à réaliser..Belle journée

Wow!--a ton of great pictures. On my kit I have the first few "chapters" done--I've barely started. It's going to be put on hold for a while though because of an even more fun project. The framing for my Caldercraft HMS Victory is complete, so today I begin the planking process. As soon as I'm able I'll put some pictures up--I'm temporarily without a cell phone.

Wow!--a ton of great pictures. On my kit I have the first few "chapters" done--I've barely started. It's going to be put on hold for a while though because of an even more fun project. The framing for my Caldercraft HMS Victory is complete, so today I begin the planking process. As soon as I'm able I'll put some pictures up--I'm temporarily without a cell phone.

J'ai construis , il y a longtemps le Victory.. de très beaux souvenirs..

Le Bonhomme Richard était une frégate de la Continental Navy , la marine constituée lors de la révolution américaine.
Il est construit en 1765 à l'arsenal de Lorient. Il fut mis à la disposition de John Paul Jones en 1779 par le roi de France
Louis XVI , grâce à l'appui de Jacques-Donatien Le Ray.
Le nom de Bonhomme Richard fut choisi par Jones afin d'honorer Benjamin Franklin.
Le navire à coulé à la suite de la bataille de Flamborough Head en septembre 1779 , en mer du Nord au large des
côtes du Yorkshire.
A suivre.....

google translation:
The Bonhomme Richard was a frigate of the Continental Navy, the navy formed during the American Revolution.
It was built in 1765 at the Lorient arsenal. It was placed at the disposal of John Paul Jones in 1779 by the King of France
Louis XVI, thanks to the support of Jacques-Donatien Le Ray.
The name Bonhomme Richard was chosen by Jones to honor Benjamin Franklin.
The ship sank following the Battle of Flamborough Head in September 1779, in the North Sea off the
Yorkshire coast.
To be continued.....
Hallo @ReneK
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is you new project with the Victory going?

Back