USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Cherry - 1:48 - by carlosys [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looking very good - great general appearance.
You have to pay attention only on your tree-nailing pattern -> I guess you nail the plank before you install your plank at the model. So sometimes your nail is not over a beam, but nailed into the air under the plank
Which method are you using for the treenails - the color difference to the plank is looking very realistic !

Great work carlosys, very well detailed.

Hi.
Thanks for your comment.
Regards

Looking very good - great general appearance.
You have to pay attention only on your tree-nailing pattern -> I guess you nail the plank before you install your plank at the model. So sometimes your nail is not over a beam, but nailed into the air under the plank
Which method are you using for the treenails - the color difference to the plank is looking very realistic !
Hi Uwek
Thank you. Regarding the issue of nail I'm not offended, on the contrary, the criticisms are always well received.
The wood is stained with cherry. Once dry, I apply a thin layer of varnish satin with an airbrush.
Regards

Why not plank the hole model,is it not enough material?
I want to plank it all!

Hi Larsa
The objective I'm looking for is to see in detail the different parts that are part of the structure of a ship.
Leaving gaps open allows you to see them and understand how they were built.

Regards

Hi.
Thanks for your comment.
Regards

Hi Uwek
Thank you. Regarding the issue of nail I'm not offended, on the contrary, the criticisms are always well received.
The wood is stained with cherry. Once dry, I apply a thin layer of varnish satin with an airbrush.
Regards

Hi Larsa
The objective I'm looking for is to see in detail the different parts that are part of the structure of a ship.
Leaving gaps open allows you to see them and understand how they were built.

Regards
Yes,but is there enough planks for the hole model you think?

Yes,but is there enough planks for the hole model you think?
I think you can easily check this with counting the necessary planks on the cross section and compare with the delivered strips - I did not do it until now, because I want also to keep parts open to see the entire structure - Otherwise a POF (Plank On Frames) would be not necessary, the construction would be much easier and faster to build the section as a POB (Plank On Bulkhead)!
Maybe close one side of the section completely Inside and outside, and the other side you could keep the section unplanked or partly unplanked to see the structure of frames etc...... just an idea

Hi
I show you the latest advances after a few complicated days of work :(.
With the crisis of the Covid-19 in Spain and teleworking a little more time I will be able to dedicate these weeks.
These are the latest news...

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9654.jpg

IMG_9655.jpg

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

IMG_9662.jpg

The entire model is painted with matte varnish applied with an airbrush

IMG_9682.jpg

The cannon have also been airbrushed. Vallejo air 71057 and 71063.

IMG_9683.jpg

IMG_9693.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Regards and thanks for your comments.
To be continued.... :)