USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Pear - 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I shall start a thread of my construction after Uwek made a convincing argument for me to post my adventure.
This is were I am up to with my build.
I will continue.....View attachment 165210
Many Thanks for starting this log - I am very happy, that I was able to convince you - Great

My kit just arrived, just finishing AL nepomuceno another week or so, I noticed the new kit of BR didn't have any help written in English, lots of pics though, did you receive or find an english translation???

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Deck 3 cabins in process and the bread oven.View attachment 165465View attachment 165466
These elements are looking very good - well done - very accurate work
I guess the sliding doors are movable, due to the fact, that you installed on both sides the frames.... but you installed only the door, so you will show them open I guess....
image (1).jpg
Be aware about the fitting of the beams for the next deck into the notches of the interieur walls and the framing - it was a little bit tricky in my section model

These elements are looking very good - well done - very accurate work
I guess the sliding doors are movable, due to the fact, that you installed on both sides the frames.... but you installed only the door, so you will show them open I guess....
View attachment 165733
Be aware about the fitting of the beams for the next deck into the notches of the interieur walls and the framing - it was a little bit tricky in my section model
That was the error - I used the 2mm thick strips for the pump hold walls and did not have more for these sides. I used 1mm thick strips, hence space for only one layer of doors. As far as the beams - the whole assembly, beams and cabins, slides in.

Translating the text to the left of the shaded side view - it reads:
”Painting: The shaded part of the boat is painted black: the artillery car is painted red (the axle is painted black); all metal parts except the ship clock are painted black (the mooring bolt can also retain the original color)”B553352D-2C4E-4ECD-96D7-4F172E046561.jpeg

Attachments

• 262115F2-4DAC-441C-8687-7D74BA858DB6.png
    262115F2-4DAC-441C-8687-7D74BA858DB6.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Wow... nice and clean job so far. I am following this thread to learn from your methods.

I have 2 questions:

What have you used for blackening the cannons and how you did it ?

I love the figures. What scale are they and who sell them ?

Thanks
Daniel

Hi Oldpaperone
It looks really beautiful, It is interesting to read and observe your working methods. I'll continue to follow :) Thumbsup