USS Constitution Build log by VIC [COMPLETED BUILD]

My seizing is getting a little better. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m getting more experienced or because of the new embroidery thread I bought for the shrouds. It’s 100% Egyptian cotton and I wonder if it’s from Giza? Maybe I should share this stuff with MyPillow.com. If I wrap it around my finger, would I become less forgetful and get a better night’s sleep?F2C332E9-E373-4364-9BA2-30C1A557C562.jpeg

Have y’all ever noticed how infrequently people see the rigging on a ship unless they are up close to it? But the rigging really seems to stand out on all the models I’ve seen. Am I the only one who sees this or is it just my imagination...running away with me?

I had trouble with my deadeyes on the platform of the foremast. The line would stretch and get my lanyards and futtocks all messed up. I’m thinking about using black wire instead. Or finding a way to make the deadeyes and futtock shrouds more stable somehow. Any ideas?image.jpgimage.jpg The first image is of my foremast. The second is the main mast.

rigging really seems to stand

I've always loved viewing the rigging on a ship. To me it looks like hemp poetry. I just love seeing where each line goes and what
it's attached to. Kind of like reverse engineering an already built puzzle :)

She's looking top notch though buddy, great job so far :)

I tied the dead eyes all to the forward shroud and then tied a line from the forward shroud, behind the mast, to the shroud on the other side. This kept the deadeye lines from pulling the lower rat line out of alignment. I think my Mamoli instructions actually showed it that way.

It also reduced the dead eyes pulling up

Last edited:
I tied the dead eyes all to the forward shroud and then tied a line from the forward shroud, to the mast, to the shroud on the other side. This kept the deadeye lines from pulling the lower rat line out of alignment. I think my Mamoli instructions actually showed it that way.

I can’t quite visualize that. I must be a little slow this morning. I wonder if my precious hammocks would impede that process.

I tied the dead eyes all to the forward shroud and then tied a line from the forward shroud, to the mast, to the shroud on the other side. This kept the deadeye lines from pulling the lower rat line out of alignment. I think my Mamoli instructions actually showed it that way.

Is this post for the futtock shrouds that go down from the platform?

Yes, the ones on the platform.

I should never try to post with my phone, it's like typing with nine fingers tied behind my back.

Looks like I remembered wrong and tied them to a middle shroud in this photo you can see the line crossing below the platform.

ship2day-X2.jpg

Last edited:

I should never try to post with my phone, it's like typing with nine fingers tied behind my back.

Looks like I remembered wrong and tied them to a middle shroud in this photo you can see the line crossing below the platform.

ship2day-X2.jpg
My instructions say to seize all five futtocks and tie them off to a copper eye on the opposite sides. They crisscross each other halfway down.

ship2day-X2.jpg
You’d looks much easier than mine. I hope you can see it. Need to get a white background. B752E5DF-C543-4821-A261-D98FF8C47336.jpeg

Back