USS Constitution Build log by VIC [COMPLETED BUILD]

Have y’all ever noticed how infrequently people see the rigging on a ship unless they are up close to it? But the rigging really seems to stand out on all the models I’ve seen. Am I the only one who sees this or is it just my imagination...running away with me?
I agree. the rigging really makes the ship. We were at a show of model ships a while back and we noticed when you see them side by side you car really tell the difference between the pros and non pros. it’s all in the details. I am no pro but I love looking at their work and getting ideas.

I agree. the rigging really makes the ship. We were at a show of model ships a while back and we noticed when you see them side by side you car really tell the difference between the pros and non pros. it’s all in the details. I am no pro but I love looking at their work and getting ideas.

A friend of the family just came for a visit and looked at my Connie. I showed her the difference between the rigging on my first mast and second. She could tell the improvement. But she said I shouldn’t tear out the old. It showed my progress. It does that.

I’ve been at the Connie for a couple of months as a noob. Finally got to the rigging. Ugh! I had to wait a month to start the model because I didn’t realize I needed a build slip. I will begin by showing how I started. The model is 1:100 scale and is produced by Billing Boats. Pictures will be posted soon.

Hallo Victator, alias @Vfordyce ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I wouldn't worry too much about getting rigging perfect, Im sure that with time and wear, then repairs real ship rigging wasn't always perfectly straight.
I'm a few days late as I either missed the notification you had progressed or it never came. I've seen that a few times, maybe I follow too many great builds :)

I wouldn't worry too much about getting rigging perfect, Im sure that with time and wear, then repairs real ship rigging wasn't always perfectly straight.
I'm a few days late as I either missed the notification you had progressed or it never came. I've seen that a few times, maybe I follow too many great builds :)
And then there's mine:rolleyes:

And then there's mine

What chew talkin bout Willis???? Ooops, sorry... Gary Coleman flashback!!

I meant only you seemed to be a little too worried about making them perfect when they already look really really good.
They did have slack on real ships some so I think everything in a perfect line is mostly modellers choice. Real ships were built to
work, I doubt lining up deadeyes with a ruler was on the agenda. Now please, anyone with more knollage correct me in this,
but if all the rigging was taught and didnt have give, wouldn't they snap loose after a few stormy waves?

Dang it Vic, I meant they look good man, now eat ya some b-day cake and love how your ship looks.... LOL

Edit: cant speel gud

Back