New design USSR torpedo boat project 123K by Piroscaf Scale Models

The process of developing a new 1:72 scale model.

USSR torpedo boat project 123K. The project 123K torpedo boats are an improved version of 123bis project developed by V. M. Burlakov's group in 1950. The last redan boat of the Soviet Union.
Length: 19.30 m (63 ft 4 in)
Beam: 3.70 m (12 ft 2 in)
Draft: 1 m (3 ft 3 in)
Armament:
2 × 450 mm (17.7 in) torpedoes
1 × 14.5 mm (0.57 in) heavy machine gun

USSR torpedo boat project 123K.pngUSSR torpedo boat project 123K scrin.png

Last edited:
This could be also a very interesting project ..... I am looking forward to see more of your development

Hello Dmitry,
Does the yellow color represent photoetched parts? The hull will be resin or plastic or wood?

this looks like a great R/C project with armed torpedoes!!!
I think, this will be hard to make.
The model is in scale 1:72 for a 19,3 meter long boat -> so only 27cm long

Nice but I would prefer real torpedo tubes so I can make real torpedeos to attack US Ships

Last edited:
Nice but I would prefer real torpedo tubes so I can make teal torpedeos to attack US Ships
The photoetched parts/components are really small but precisely detailed from what I see in the closeup views. That type of precision makes a build rewarding. Best of dedication and patience as you continue the boat. Rich (PT-2)

Nice but I would prefer real torpedo tubes so I can make teal torpedeos to attack US Ships
Well now for the properly sized model I do have my .270 ball shot blackpowder muzzle loading naval cannon/carriage with carriage restraint hawser to bring aboard. See the thread Fully Functional Realistic Mini Cannons button 6, posting 105, to scroll down for images as well as an MP-4 firing video. Stay clear of the breach recoil. :) Rich (PT-2) Not very accurate so far but with appropriate noise and smoke. The 30 grain shot ball fired with 15 grains of FFF black powder are lethal so I am not responsible for how this may be used or of use of other data that I have posted.

Well now for the properly sized model I do have my .270 ball shot blackpowder muzzle loading naval cannon/carriage with carriage restraint hawser to bring aboard. See the thread Fully Functional Realistic Mini Cannons button 6, posting 105, to scroll down for images as well as an MP-4 firing video. Stay clear of the breach recoil. :) Rich (PT-2) Not very accurate so far but with appropriate noise and smoke. The 30 grain shot ball fired with 15 grains of FFF black powder are lethal so I am not responsible for how this may be used or of use of other data that I have posted.
Very interesting. Or you can give a link. We couldn't find it. Thanks.

Back