Vaisseau Napoleon M1:75

ich darf Euch die Napoleon von 1850 im Maßstab 1:75 vorstelle. Das Modell habe ich, nach dem Plan des Pariser Marinemuseums, zunächst in 3D konstruiert und innert 4 Jahren gebaut.
Das Nachfolgemodell ist die Bretagne von 1855.

I would like to present you the Napoleon from 1850 in scale 1:75. The model I have, according to the plan of the Paris Naval Museum, first constructed in 3D and built within 4 years.
The successor model is the Bretagne from 1855.

F357.jpg

F358.jpg

F359.jpg

F375.jpg

F376.jpg

F377.jpg

F378.jpg

F379.jpg

F128.jpg

F169.jpg

F170.jpg

F267.jpg

F272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW WOW WOW
a very interesting ship
and also veryx very good modeling - you present here a great model
so please do not hesitate to show us much more photos of this model and your new project.

BTW: The stand is looking extremly interesting also - is it selfmade?

Here you can find a short summary of the 90 gun french ship Napoleon (1850)

and now you start a 130 gun ship? - more wow

It would be a honour for SOS, if you would show us your new project also druing your construction works, so please start a building log - we would be highly interested .....

Vielen Dank für das Lob. Gerne werde ich weiter Bilder der Napoleon einfügen.
Den Ständer habe ich in 3D entworfen und aus 1.4301 V2A- Stahl von 2 mm Dicke lasern lasern lasen, sowie die Dreh- und Frästeile in meiner Werkstatt gefertigt. Er soll ein Anlehnung an die damaligen, eisernen Brückenkonstruktionen sein.
Gerne werde ich ein einem neuen Beitrag den Bau der Bretagne beschreiben.

Thank you very much for the praise. Gladly I will continue to insert pictures of the Napoleon.
The stand I have designed in 3D and made from 1.4301 V2A steel of 2 mm thickness via laser, as well as the turning and milling parts in my workshop. It should be a reference to the iron bridge constructions of that time.
I will gladly describe the construction of Brittany in a new topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
ich darf Euch die Napoleon von 1850 im Maßstab 1:75 vorstelle. Das Modell habe ich, nach dem Plan des Pariser Marinemuseums, zunächst in 3D konstruiert und innert 4 Jahren gebaut.
Das Nachfolgemodell ist die Bretagne von 1855.

I would like to present you the Napoleon from 1850 in scale 1:75. The model I have, according to the plan of the Paris Naval Museum, first constructed in 3D and built within 4 years.
The successor model is the Bretagne from 1855.

View attachment 297083

View attachment 297084

View attachment 297085

View attachment 297086

View attachment 297087

View attachment 297088

View attachment 297089

View attachment 297090

View attachment 297091

View attachment 297092

View attachment 297093

View attachment 297094

View attachment 297095
A very attractive looking model with many eye catching details model.Congratulations.
Vielen Dank für das Lob. Gerne werde ich weiter Bilder der Napoleon einfügen.
Den Ständer habe ich in 3D entworfen und aus 1.4301 V2A- Stahl von 2 mm Dicke lasern lasern lasen, sowie die Dreh- und Frästeile in meiner Werkstatt gefertigt. Er soll ein Anlehnung an die damaligen, eisernen Brückenkonstruktionen sein.
Gerne werde ich ein einem neuen Beitrag den Bau der Bretagne beschreiben.

Thank you very much for the praise. Gladly I will continue to insert pictures of the Napoleon.
The stand I have designed in 3D and made from 1.4301 V2A steel of 2 mm thickness via laser, as well as the turning and milling parts in my workshop. It should be a reference to the iron bridge constructions of that time.
I will gladly describe the construction of Brittany in a new topic.
Ich habe die Information über den Staender wie Sie es nach welcher Idee gebaut haben gerade gelesen.Jetzt weiss ich es.Ich glaube ihn kann man je nach Modelsgrösse auch justieren. Sehr gute İdee . Gustave Eiffel würde Sie bestimmt beneiden.
mfg und viel Vergnügen bei Ihren naechsten Modelbauarbeiten.:)

Fascinating "transitional" ship and absolutely gorgeous model. I find your sails completely convincing. The reef points are extraordinary. It's a pity none of these massive broadside ships driven by steam survived. Few today, I believe, understand the very high standard of construction and design produced by the French shipbuilders. Amazing to consider that the practical life of a ship like this was just a few decades. Again, top-level modeler's art.

Question, did they not paint the ship's boats?

View attachment 298780

Ok, I give up. What is this
Dies ist eine Rettungsboje. Sie wird abgesenkt, damit sich Schiffbrüchige daran festhalten können.

This is a lifebuoy. It is lowered so that shipwrecked people can hold onto it.
Yes - it is a very interesting detail !
This type of bouy was introduced in the early 18th century - first time a saw this was in the monograph of the Corvette Creole by Jean Boudriot

bouy1.jpg bouy2.jpg

Back