Vasa - 1:65 DeAgostini [COMPLETED BUILD]

I certainly know that everyone here that has followed Paul’s build, at the very least knows who Fred Hocker is.

For enthusiasts of 17th C. naval architecture, Fred’s work with the Vasa, breathes life back into the fabric of the ship, the circumstances of her creation, the people that populated her, and the modern cast of characters that resurrected and re-assembled her.

A shipwright by trade, he is a fascinating archeologist, historian, and his ability to elucidate the significance of the ship, within the development of naval architecture, is without equal.

Tonight, I watched this two-part series and I was just completely blown-away by his insight and total mastery of the ship, in particular, and the broader development of the warship as a technology of its times.

If you haven’t seen these, they are definitely worth your time and attention:

Happy New Year, and peace and prosperity to all!

I certainly know that everyone here that has followed Paul’s build, at the very least knows who Fred Hocker is.

For enthusiasts of 17th C. naval architecture, Fred’s work with the Vasa, breathes life back into the fabric of the ship, the circumstances of her creation, the people that populated her, and the modern cast of characters that resurrected and re-assembled her.

A shipwright by trade, he is a fascinating archeologist, historian, and his ability to elucidate the significance of the ship, within the development of naval architecture, is without equal.

Tonight, I watched this two-part series and I was just completely blown-away by his insight and total mastery of the ship, in particular, and the broader development of the warship as a technology of its times.

If you haven’t seen these, they are definitely worth your time and attention:

Happy New Year, and peace and prosperity to all!
I've watched these videos along with Kroum Batchvarov's presentations. THAT is a place I would enjiy visiting-for a week.....

Hi Paul! I followed your log for a long time and it was always a pleasure seeing your Vasa grow.
You made an outstandig model in every aspect!
Cheerleader Christian

Back