Very small files?

Greetings
Some forty years ago I was able to buy very small files but I have forgotten the source. They came in square and round section. Below is a picture of the last one I have (bottom) with a Micro Mart micro file above it and a regular needle file on top. Would anyone know of a source

20211208_151554.jpg
Thanks,

Ed

Thank you all for the replies. A set of those Corradi files would be just the ticket but how could I afford a model kit afterwards! ;)
Consider high quality tools as an investment for years, partly for your whole hobby life.
The Corradi files can also be ordered seperatly - so you can pick out only the types you really need
- you are right, that some of the set I never have used until now

Thank you all for the replies. A set of those Corradi files would be just the ticket but how could I afford a model kit afterwards!
Everything has its own price. Usually, you get what you paid for. Some of the tools I bought in Russia (made in Germany) 40 years ago, and still using them. They are great tools!

Corradi tools are a reputable brand, and if you compared their tools to some other Swiss-made files brands like Grobet, they are less expensive.

Always remember to never drag your files backwards. Files will only cut in one direction, as soon as you drag it backwards it will dull. A good file used properly will last a lifetime.

What does “cut” refer to when describing a file. What are the differences between the cut numbers

I can fully recommend the Corradi files Jim also mentioned

View attachment 274520 View attachment 274521

View attachment 274523
I too have a set of the Corradi files and use them quite often as a middle set between some diamond grit files and a smaller toothed and smoother set marked on the back as MASCOT unit of GFC. Those are single cut Swiss files in a set of six shapes. My smallest set are in a blue tube with 12 shapes of jewelers files but I don't recall the source, Maybe MicroMark. Rich (PT-2)

I too have a set of the Corradi files and use them quite often as a middle set between some diamond grit files and a smaller toothed and smoother set marked on the back as MASCOT unit of GFC. Those are single cut Swiss files in a set of six shapes. My smallest set are in a blue tube with 12 shapes of jewelers files but I don't recall the source, Maybe MicroMark. Rich (PT-2)
OOPPSSSS! My reply was embedded in the prior post above. Rich :confused:

Bit the bullet and bought some Corradi escapement files. And I got sucked in by some NOS rifflers. I can always start up a Go Fund Me as a tool addict seeking help. ;)

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Bit the bullet and bought some Corradi escapement files. And I got sucked in by some NOS rifflers. I can always start up a Go Fund Me as a tool addict seeking help. ;)

Thanks for the help!
Oh, you found the secret that modeling tools are addictive whether touched or not. Rich ;)

Why is a file called a “Bastard”. ?
as kids, we were working on our bikes, the guy next door hands us a file and says, TRY THIS BASTARD. We started laughing, later we realized it said Bastard on the file.

Back