Video games, anime, battleships, history and kids

My 13 year old daughter downloaded a new video game to play for free on her phone. Happens all the time and I try to take some interest. This time the game is Azur Lane. I find it pretty darn odd, with WWII ships personified by anime girls:
https://azurlane.yo-star.com/#/
She's having fun playing, and we both have been having fun talking about the ships, history and looking for pictures of the ships and their wrecks. Topics include the USS Eldridge and the Philadelphia Experiment-"So that's why she has lightning bolts and talks in really short choppy sentences", various ships, battles and WWII history, why ships that are supposed to be sister ships don't look anything alike and the current crop of wrecks located by the Paul Allen Foundation. We're having fun!
Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has young, Anime obsessed relatives with their nose in a screen. They know you like old ships and it could be a conversation starter. Worked for us! I may even try playing the game myself. Just something to suggest next time you are around the kids.

Back