Wanted: Aeropiccola Lexington kit [SOLVED]

Built this in the 80’s and since lost it in a move. Would like to try again.
Thanks, Carl H

Hallo @Carl H
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you find in the meantime the kit?

There is a Aeropiccola Lexington on eBay right now, but the auction only has about a day and a half left to go. It is listed at $120 postage paid, but no one has bid on it. I remember your original post looking for this kit as I own one (only one!), but am not interested in selling mine.

Thanks John. It will be nice to have the model again. Lost mine years ago and have wanted to build it again for a long time. Now I need to win the bid and find time to build it! There is never enough time.

Carl,
If I could just offer you a suggestion on eBay since I see you are just starting out in it. It doesn't work like a normal in-person auction. If you bid just the starting amount, in this case, $120, someone could come along and just a few seconds before the end of the auction, and enter a bid above yours, say $122.50 ($2.50 is the minimum bid in this auction) you are out of luck. He wins as there is no time for you to react. This is very, very common on eBay. Your best strategy is to think about how badly you want the item, bid that amount, wait for the auction to be over, if you win - great, if someone "snipes" your auction at the end and wins, well that's the biz; there should be no regrets on your part, the model ended up costing more than you wanted to pay. I hope you get the model though!
Any questions, ask; I have been playing this game since 1999!

John,
I bid 150.00 and lost out at the last second as you predicted to a bid of 152.50. I would have gone higher but couldn’t figure it out at the last minute. I’m bummed as I’ve been looking to replace this lost model for years. My first and last time on eBay. All that said, thanks for looking out for me and the good advice.

I am really sorry Carl, but now you know how the system works and it will give you a better chance of getting what you want than most people next time. I take it further by using one of those "sniper" programs like that guy who beat you out probably used where I don't have to be sitting at my computer to place my bid at a last few seconds. Plus it keeps you from losing your mind if you get in a bidding war!
I will keep my eyes peeled for another Lexington; it was by chance that I saw this one. I will let you know if another reappears!

John,
I bid 150.00 and lost out at the last second as you predicted to a bid of 152.50. I would have gone higher but couldn’t figure it out at the last minute. I’m bummed as I’ve been looking to replace this lost model for years. My first and last time on eBay. All that said, thanks for looking out for me and the good advice.

OK Carl. I just saw another one on eBay for the Lexington. Just run a search to find it. This one is pricier than the last one, but he does have a "buy it now" and a "make an offer" option. Good luck on this one! John

Thanks John. I now own the Lexington. it will bring back some good memories. Would not have it without your help. I owe you one. Thanks again.

There is a Aeropiccola Lexington on eBay right now, but the auction only has about a day and a half left to go. It is listed at $120 postage paid, but no one has bid on it. I remember your original post looking for this kit as I own one (only one!), but am not interested in selling mine.
Hallo @John Maline
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back