Wappen von Hamburg by Corel - any opinions?

I can't get anything out of China so I'm thinking what to build next. I've always like this ship - has anyone built it or have an opinion about the kit?

Its a great model but be aware, its only single planked in walnut. The cast metal decorations are a bit dated compared to the modern Chinese boxwood carving.
If I was you, Better to wait a few more weeks and buy a Chinese kit.

They are vastly superior with timber and fittings in my opinion. good luck.

Its a great model but be aware, its only single planked in walnut. The cast metal decorations are a bit dated compared to the modern Chinese boxwood carving.
If I was you, Better to wait a few more weeks and buy a Chinese kit.

They are vastly superior with timber and fittings in my opinion. good luck.

Agreed 100%. The outdated European/American kits are no match to the new ones from China and Russia, so worth of waiting!
Janos

I had the 1/48 Bonhomme Richard ordered from ZHL via Aliexpress but cancelled due to the coronavirus. Hopefully that will crisis will be over soon, then I'll reorder.

I can't get anything out of China so I'm thinking what to build next. I've always like this ship - has anyone built it or have an opinion about the kit?
I built this some 20 years ago. The only one with sails and my wife's favorite. A good friend, on my recommendation, has recently finished it and remains a good friend. I can't comment on comparison with Chinese kits, but I found the quality of wood and castings good, the build interesting and satisfying and the finished product one to be proud of.

Back