Welcome new members Warm welcome 220 new members in our SOS forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and thanks for the welcome .

past modeling includes rc cars,planes .Currently building for 1st.ship AL's "King of the Mississippi" .Wasn't ready for plank on frame yet of more curvaceous hulls .Currently researching/reading of various wooden model ship sites learning techniques etc . prior to selecting a more proper ship .
All the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Fourteen modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@micklmasdaisey
@bøje jørgensen
@Scott32001
@DejanN
@Dardarida
@forumpouya
@Vladimir-S
@soleilroyal
@marcio tavares
@JLReeves
@ielts2020
@csf
@Lourdjoseph
@Randy

We want to say HELLO and wish you a warm welcome
Additionally, we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

Eight modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Allanyed
@Pete_P
@Thanasis
@Fil557
@darobuko
@Baziran
@GaryL230
@Issam Djebbi

Additionally, we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

Thirteen modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Kean Wei
@marcus_civis
@hbn
@George
@afxsp
@Chris L
@Bernd
@Cweber05
@Brechin Castle
@Knight44
@2milimetra
@Milan Mikuli
@yuhong li

Six modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@szots
@Soto
@traffik03
@Jaques
@Kondor28
@JohnK

Five modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Vdiazamaro
@Hubac’s Historian
@Constantine
@Davidmotril
@jjoeyschmutz

@guarniero
@harrybeishuizen
@Cait
@paolo.b
@ivan
@Spider999

@Miroslav
@clydesights
@Orion
@Milorix
@alf_dio
@Silvio

@luigi.izzo10
@Viren
@Randy Daggett
@lflxj
@HMSTerror
@RenAshbelle

@53mgtd53
@Herby63
@Caymanpete
@Ondras71
@Slink501
@Reinier

Thirteen modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Kean Wei
@marcus_civis
@hbn
@George
@afxsp
@Chris L
@Bernd
@Cweber05
@Brechin Castle
@Knight44
@2milimetra
@Milan Mikuli
@yuhong li

Thanks for the welcome! I recently retired and live in North Carolina. I had built a model ship several years ago that my wife had found at a yard sale for $20. Never had done this before and to say the least it was very difficult. The instructions were useless. Overall it came out well.

My daughter bought me the MS Rattlesnake for Christmas so I wanted to join this forum to help me through the process of getting this model put together correctly. I appreciate any help that I can get from everyone.

George

Thanks for the welcome! I recently retired and live in North Carolina. I had built a model ship several years ago that my wife had found at a yard sale for $20. Never had done this before and to say the least it was very difficult. The instructions were useless. Overall it came out well.

My daughter bought me the MS Rattlesnake for Christmas so I wanted to join this forum to help me through the process of getting this model put together correctly. I appreciate any help that I can get from everyone.

George
Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
You have a nice wife and also nice daughter making such presents - We are all here to help you building this model.
The best is to start a building log, in which you can show your work, ask questions etc. so you will get help and hints when necessary and requested.
Start a log and you will see, that the members are very friendly and will help as much as possible

Seven modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Freubelaer
@dragonz.app
@Chiclana
@Lycen75
@Suzdal
@Suse
@Wheelsmen 79

Five modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@velocity
@smelly
@skal
@Ellezeta
@Greentea

Thank you for the welcome. I live in France, split between Normandy and Paris.

At the moment I'm just starting out with ship modeling. My try out is the cross section model of the Victory by d'Agostini. If that goes well and my interest is maintained I'd like to try one of Chris Watton's models, the Alert or Speedy. Wife prefers Speedy since she thinks it's prettier. Either one makes me a bit nervous. Suggestions?

Bon soir.

Richard

Thank you for the welcome. I live in France, split between Normandy and Paris.

At the moment I'm just starting out with ship modeling. My try out is the cross section model of the Victory by d'Agostini. If that goes well and my interest is maintained I'd like to try one of Chris Watton's models, the Alert or Speedy. Wife prefers Speedy since she thinks it's prettier. Either one makes me a bit nervous. Suggestions?

Bon soir.

Richard
Hallo Richard and a warm welcome here on board of our forum and also to ship modeling.
I would wait a little bit with deciding and ordering already the second kit. Start with your first model, maybe show it in a building, so we can help when necessary and requested. Your skills will be better and you learn techniques. Look around here and there and you will hopefully in some time better, which one should be your second model...... step by step.......both are nice kits, but maybe in some weeks you will like a third different one more......

Just to say hello. New member - completely new to modelling and only starting on the very basics. I have taken up modelling because all my other acrtivities are outdors (fishing, cycling and golf!) so on rainy days (quite a few in Wales, UK!) I work on my models. Completed the Amalfi Mediterranean Fishing Boat from Mantua and enjoyed the challenge. Instructions not always clear though! Now working on something a little more complicated - Aretesania Latina 22110 1/50 Swift Modelling Boat. I know I have a long way to go before I can hope to build the type of model many people on this site are doing. I must admit that I am bit disappointed with Aretesania Latina customer support. Several small items (hinges etc etc) missing and, try as I might, I cant get them to respond to emails - so I wont be able to complete the boat/ship without trying to make up my own hinges etc. Very disappointing. I know I should have checked that all the parts were there before building the hull and deck etc - lesson learnt. Are missing parts a common problem? Has anyone found a way of getting missing parts from Aretesania Latina?
Hallo @Wingreen ,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

à Uwek,

Thank you for your advice on waiting a bit, I completely agree with you and am in no hurry. I'll wait until I'm almost finished with the Victory cross section. I'm doing the latter because it seemed a rather simple way to learn some techniques and to see if I'm interested in pursuing things. I've already learned that getting ribs perpendicular to the keel is not that simple (mine are parallel but very slightly leaning forward) & also I could have done a better job in camfering (sp?) the outer planking.

I've taken a close look at some of the build diaries, that itself is a learning experience. I'm very impressed with some of the building results obtained.

One main problem is how to translate some of the products used in finishing, to those obtainable in France.

Eleven modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@arntos
@docbenfoxy
@seanieg
@billtowers
@Torin
@Gdrops
@Trale
@marcinostry
@marshall14360
@richard.white269
@hueyshepherd

Three modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Nativeone
@bigsun63
@roce41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back