Welcome new members Warm welcome 220 new members in our SOS forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks. I’m finally getting back into modeling again. It been almost 11years since I did models. Had an addition to the family and didn’t want the little guy get into things, you know. Then 4 years later the other little guy showed up; well you know the story; same as the first. So, I’m 11 years out of practice but glad I can get back into it.
Hello , Welcome.. The most impotant thing is to come back. beautiful little family. Congratulations.
Regards , René

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks. I’m finally getting back into modeling again. It been almost 11years since I did models. Had an addition to the family and didn’t want the little guy get into things, you know. Then 4 years later the other little guy showed up; well you know the story; same as the first. So, I’m 11 years out of practice but glad I can get back into it.
A warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thanks to all for the welcome my name is Robert i have built a few ships over the last 10 years or so , i will hang around and read about your rules on posting and adding pictures. I am shore i will have questions.
Hallo Robert,
I am sending you a friendly Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Twelve modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@emmunoz
@MacDivas
@drianhodgson
@louky
@Anthony dee
@bydesign14
@poszol
@schmagel
@Anonymous
@Gporelle
@Lord_Vesuvius
@CrossofIron

We want to say HELLO and wish you a warm welcome
Additionally, we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

Five modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Leviproop
@BarrySR
@Vladek Vacha
@Mzk
@Rann

Additionally, we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

Ten modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Brian Murphy
@Moarein
@ZAFER AYDINCAN
@Dazzler
@BATS Jean-Paul
@gargantuiczny
@Jeanco
@mhannon
@kcgymster
@Spitfire4

Last edited:
Six modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Cadence
@kennethkbradford
@Billy Bones
@Rlemoyne
@Stevedownunder
@Jnorton

Thank you for the welcome @zoly99sask

Just got in to modelling last year. I have always loved the age of sail, and obviously have devoured the Aubrey/Maturin novels several times over. Chose as my first boat HMAS Supply (Caldercraft), because I have lived in Australia and so am doubly fascinated by the transportation period: my great-something-grandfather was sent to Hobart in fact

49yrs old, live in Ipswich, Suffolk, England

Currently doing the Armed Pinnace by Mantua/Panart

Just got in to modelling last year. I have always loved the age of sail, and obviously have devoured the Aubrey/Maturin novels several times over. Chose as my first boat HMAS Supply (Caldercraft), because I have lived in Australia and so am doubly fascinated by the transportation period: my great-something-grandfather was sent to Hobart in fact

Hi,you may want to start a build log for your Armed Pinnace.Thank you.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum..... would be great to see your boat in a building log

Eleven modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@xX龙卷风Xx
@YYC_Boat_Builder
@EDGARDO FACCHI
@Regallion
@Procter Quinn
@Cmb
@Devil01
@ziggar
@Andy Two Sheds
@Francesko
@SylvainBL

Hi and thanks for the invite!

I'm currently working on my Billings HMS Bounty that I started 30 years ago but abandoned when it came to the planking part (we had no internet forums to help back then!). I've picked it up again after being Furloughed and have a lot more spare time. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the hull right now. I know I've made a lot of mistakes with this build so I'm kinda using it as a practice model before I pick up something else (would LOVE to do a Victory).

Here it is so far:
2020-05-02 10.01.22.jpg

Hi and thanks for the invite!

I'm currently working on my Billings HMS Bounty that I started 30 years ago but abandoned when it came to the planking part (we had no internet forums to help back then!). I've picked it up again after being Furloughed and have a lot more spare time. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the hull right now. I know I've made a lot of mistakes with this build so I'm kinda using it as a practice model before I pick up something else (would LOVE to do a Victory).

Here it is so far:
View attachment 149319
Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
So at the end you "worked" on your Bounty for 31 years when she is finished...... And we will try to assist you as much as possible and requested.
Best would be to start a Building log showing your work and progress, so we can help and give hint when ever necessary and requested.
And I hope, that you can start in some time also a building log of your Victory......

Eleven modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Pilgrim of Newport
@Simebru635
@Habhook
@qkedfk80
@Steve Beckley
@burt
@jimmystratos
@p.krisko
@DanG
@x.z.tong
@MecaBro

Thirteen modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Mackblack
@Marcin
@DonB
@Auriel
@Abasolo
@porker
@Schaye G.
@SkipperChuck
@Haitham
@LMNavroth
@Lawrence
@gaurav_shipofscale
@Jeff5115

Hallo Jamie,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Sixteen modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum.

@Mick0550
@oneceltic
@yoeribijker
@Dimitar_E
@itwbluey
@JMS
@Atamini
@Tom P
@Drakar
@Medral
@Luos Miguel Simões
@astilaba
@Cmonscour
@sixgungene
@Anxrrr
@JOhn Philpott

Thank you for the addition to the site. I’ve build a few models since I was a child though nothing too major until recently. I’m an officer in the Royal Australian Navy and previous to the navy I worked and sailed on tall ships around the world. I’ll start a thread on my current build shortly, a 1/72 Shipyard card model of the Mercury. I’ve also recently completed a trumpeter 1/200 Titanic, built basically out of the box with a few minor additions just to get me back into the hobby. I’ve also got an on again of again scratch built 1719 establishment 54 gun British warship, this isn’t of a particular ship as such but just based from plans of the general design.

4ABB7F2E-718E-4D04-AD46-E00747D136E2.jpegB53B2B29-9D90-483C-BA99-4CA2D8A6AC5D.jpeg60604FD5-DFED-4927-84AB-57273E75CE98.jpeg

Morning everyone, thank you for the welcome!
It seems I am not the only one to return to long-neglected models in the current circumstances. I started a Mantua Models Astrolabe in 1990, then in 1991 real life got in the way and the project was shelved until a month ago when retirement and lockdown provided the ideal excuse to continue. How things have moved on in the meantime - the interweb for shopping/researching/crying for help, the online videos of how to do all the bits you puzzled about; how did I get anything made back then?
I have been inspired by Arthur's fantastic Astrolabe build log on Model Ship Builder http://modelshipbuilder.com as well as two others https://www.youtube.com/ and https://www.youtube.com/ so my ambition for the look of my version have changed to the more authentic look of Arthur's.
There will soon follow a string of posts asking for advice!
My last build was a 1:1 scale Lancia Stratos, so the tools have shrunk and the eyesight isn't quite so adequate, but there are fewer blood blisters and less swearing!
abr13_85_mrol9409.jpgIMG_7593.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back