Welcome new members Warm welcome 220 new members in our SOS forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@Pony
@ragove
@Splat
@miyawaki

We want to say HELLO and wish you a warm welcome
additional we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

My name is Ron Gove and I live in Leesburg, Virginia. I am a former Yankee from the Boston, MA, area.
I am 76 years old and have been building models since I was at least 8 or 9 years old.
I have been on the Nautical Research Guild forum and just recently came across the SOS site. I thought I should get some different perspectives.
Some of my builds include, Young America, News Boy, Harvey, Willie Bennett, Benjamin Latham, Granado, Essex (old solid hull kit from Model Shipways), CSS Virginia (nee Merrimack) , and Monitor. My most current projects are the Charles W Morgan from Model Shipways (I am about ready to start planking her} and the old solid hull Model Shipways Steam Canal Barge "City of Pekin".
One is never too old to learn new tricks even if you are an old dog.
Ron

My name is Ron Gove and I live in Leesburg, Virginia. I am a former Yankee from the Boston, MA, area.
I am 76 years old and have been building models since I was at least 8 or 9 years old.
I have been on the Nautical Research Guild forum and just recently came across the SOS site. I thought I should get some different perspectives.
Some of my builds include, Young America, News Boy, Harvey, Willie Bennett, Benjamin Latham, Granado, Essex (old solid hull kit from Model Shipways), CSS Virginia (nee Merrimack) , and Monitor. My most current projects are the Charles W Morgan from Model Shipways (I am about ready to start planking her} and the old solid hull Model Shipways Steam Canal Barge "City of Pekin".
Ron
Hello Ron,welcome aboard,you have a good stash of finished models,you might want to show us them in the Completed models area or you can upload them in the Media Gallery,or both?

Thank you

Ron
Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.......Hope to see some of our work and that you will find on the other hand interesting works from others. Happy that you are here

I will collect what photos of my models I still can find and will post them soon. The Young America and News Boy are damaged beyond repair after some 50 years and multiple moves.

Two modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@komiza
@Andi001

additional we hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and that you will find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could introduce yourself shortly with some personal words,
either here with a post in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Introduce Yourself !"

BTW: We strongly suggest to check out these video tutorials for how to use the forum:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/index.php?forums/sos-help-topics-and-videos.127/

One modeler decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@JArthurD

One modeler decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@JArthurD

Thank you kindly. I am nearing retirement and getting back into the hobby that I have loved since I was a kid. It’s my plan to devote a lot more time to it, once I retire. I am fascinated by the changes in the hobby and level of expertise over the years that I have been away. I’ve started with a Revell HMAV Bounty and it is looking great so far.

I’m looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

Glad to be back doing what I have always loved to do!

Hello Ron,welcome aboard,you have a good stash of finished models,you might want to show us them in the Completed models area or you can upload them in the Media Gallery,or both?

I have posted several photos in the media gallery including the Benjamin Latham, The Essex, Monitor and Virginia, and the skipjack Willie Bennett.

Thank you

Welcome aboard SOS, Markovich and thank you for the nice words about our family here, it is much appreciated! looking at your model, she is huge and very nice ship. What is the name of here and what scale is she? Is it scratch build or kit?

Please enjoy, and have fun!!
Thank you, Jim, I appreciate your welcome and kind words. My ship is the Edmund Fitzgerald. It's a scratch build and took me three years to build. I'm currently building the Ice Breaker Mackinaw. The scale is 1/96. It's such a pleasure to see how you and all the others here are so talented. Best regards Jim!

IMG_0673.JPGIMG_0687 - Copy.JPG

The Edward Fitzgerald.......I think the biggest freighter ever on the Great Lakes

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of SOS

Very impressive model of the Edward Fitzgerald. Mark, I have the feeling, that we can learn a lot from you - I guess it is scratch built - so we are all, like Jim mentioned already, highly interested to learn more about the model and your modeling history...... Great to have you on board
Thank you much, my friend, I have a lot more to learn from you guys than you from me. I love the Fitzgerald and have done a lot of study about this great ship. The loss of life from her sinking was terrible and I hope she will never be forgotten. Thanks again for your warm welcome

@Rely Val
@Lexander

Last edited:

@Ricardo
@Maxime

Last edited:
Eight modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@doctorhabanero
@Chuck Smith
@Asmandr
@Marc Of Phuket
@carlosm
@kpknd
@Jan Čech
@Suspect Device

Last edited:

@tokick4
@Shipdad
@Topper
@elabbas

Last edited:

@casp88
@Neocom
@Alex jM
@josu

Last edited:

@BorgDog
@cmvolcker
@al cobb
@jfh

Last edited:
Six modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@cotrecerf
@Agonviana
@Raziel
@The Valtivar
@Kieron
@LuigiMirto

Last edited:
Five modelers decided to be a member of our Ships of Scale forum...

@Hanseat
@Woodcarving Reidar
@fatih
@deepsea
@jbc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back