Welcome new members Warm welcome 220 new members in our SOS forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for the introduction and showing us your work.
We can assist you in the coming projects. Welcome on board Roy

today we can say welcome to three new member....

Dear

@nahimov
@Recusant
and
@roandad

We want to say HALLO and wish you a warm welcome
and hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could shortly introduce yourself with some personal words,
either here in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Just dropping by today"

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Uwe
Many thanks for the warm welcome..
I came across this forum whilst doing a search for POF ship model kits on the net, and guess what you have recently started your latest endeavours, kismet!!!!!
Last year I completed my Billings Bounty model which I started 30 years ago, hopefully you can see the nearly completed model in the attached image.
I periodically played with the build with weeks of intense activity followed by years of nothing..
However, over the last couple of years I made a concerted effort and got it done. Interestingly the Billings kit was in fact the Berthia, which became the Bounty for its’ most famous voyage. This illustrates how useful a little research is, even for a kit....
So now I am looking for a POF admiralty style model where the frames are pretty much pre cut, otherwise this will take another 30 years..
So any suggestions welcome, though I appreciate there is not that many such kits on the market. So looking forwards to seeing how your Salamandre progresses Uwe
Many thanks
Paul

678141F9-86CB-4242-8B0D-37F046371F70.jpeg

Uwe
Many thanks for the warm welcome..
I came across this forum whilst doing a search for POF ship model kits on the net, and guess what you have recently started your latest endeavours, kismet!!!!!
Last year I completed my Billings Bounty model which I started 30 years ago, hopefully you can see the nearly completed model in the attached image.
I periodically played with the build with weeks of intense activity followed by years of nothing..
However, over the last couple of years I made a concerted effort and got it done. Interestingly the Billings kit was in fact the Berthia, which became the Bounty for its’ most famous voyage. This illustrates how useful a little research is, even for a kit....
So now I am looking for a POF admiralty style model where the frames are pretty much pre cut, otherwise this will take another 30 years..
So any suggestions welcome, though I appreciate there is not that many such kits on the market. So looking forwards to seeing how your Salamandre progresses Uwe
Many thanks
Paul
Hallo Paul,
We are happy to hear, that one of our built was the reason to join. A very good decision, and you will see, that you will get here the best assistance to finalize your first POF kit built in much faster time than the 30 years.....i want to see it finished, and nobody knows how long we have.
When I take a look at your Bounty......congratulations..... especially because of your power of endurance for restarting the building over and over again ! Chapo!
there are some very high quality kits for POF on the market and we should discuss this maybe better in a separate thread. Off course I can recommend the La Salamandre very much, but also La Belle, the Requin or also some American ones......
Happy that you have found us........have fun.....and enjoy the friendship

and also we can say welcome to the new member....

Dear

@Instantic ,

and hope, that you will have a good time, a lot of fun and find interesting information here in our forum.

We would be glad if you could shortly introduce yourself with some personal words,
either here in this topic or in an extra post in the area "Just dropping by today"

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

and one more new member who registered in our forum Ships of Scale

Dear

@aec ,

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

sometimes it is going faster with new registrations, than writing a post......

one more new member who registered in our forum Ships of Scale

Dear

@MHegazi ,

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Dear

@ChaunceyCT ,

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Dear

@bootsmann , (sounds german.....?)

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

two more new members who registered in our forum Ships of Scale

Dear

@jingerloo
and
@Strata89

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

and one more modeler, who decided to be a member in our forum ....

Dear

@Savvas

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Dear

@Augustine

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Dear

@Xenagabriel

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

and two more modelers, who decided to be members of our forum ....

Dear

@fred
and
@burtscot

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Dear

@babachicco

Happy Modeling
Friendly Uwe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back