watch/unwatch

Has anyone else been having trouble with the watch/unwatch button...... I have several under watch and periodically, they do not show up on the little alert bell. Maybe am I doing something wrong? Thanks,,, Ken

Hi @ken s, I'm almost sure I have experienced the same several times (and @Jimsky my friend, I'm visiting SoS at least 1 time every day ;) ) I cannot with certainty exclude the posibility that I somehow have overlooked these alerts though.
Anyway, it is no big deal. Once in a while I just visit this page https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/watched/threads and if any thread in this 'view' is bold it means I have missed something.

maybe this is something that needs to be looked into. Zoltan is usually my goto guy on some forum operations like this. To me, if a person subscribes to a "watched thread" and then if a person that is the author of the thread and there is NO activity on the thread, then there would not be a notice then out. Then when someone makes a comment, then the watched notif would go out. I am not sure as I have to do more research on this function. Sorry.

Just in case you would like a solid example: I'm watchin Alex's build log of hms enterprise,
Both Alex and Jimsky have posted in this thread today and yet I haven't got any alerts.
But let me underline once again that it is no big deal to me. I don't get blue toe nails or choked on the strawberry porridge over this.

Back