Watchmakers hammer and anvil

Hi bought these from eBay , thought may be usefull for knocking in small nails , forming and shaping brass wire and brass strip etc ,can’t see why it’s called a watch makers hammer especially if you were working on a Rolex cost about 11 uk pounds in total . Bargain

1E8995CA-AF8D-4A1B-8F5F-099CACF06457.jpeg

1F3A8AF5-4146-42CC-84EA-DFE01DB8B018.jpeg

It is a very distinquished hammer set. I own the same tool set and feel myself very special even if I am not using it by an expensive watch repairing process. The weak point is,the polycarbonate head should only be used on plastics and wood material. It is very brittle, specially the edges .The edge of my hammer's polyacrylate head is already broken , probably the impact I applied was a bit to much or I missed the target.
Best wishes and enjoy your hammer set in healthy days :)

IMG_3795.jpg

It is a very distinquished hammer set. I own the same tool set and feel myself very special even if I am not using it by an expensive watch repairing process. The weak point is,the polycarbonate head should only be used on plastics and wood material. It is very brittle, specially the edges .The edge of my hammer's polyacrylate head is already broken , probably the impact I applied was a bit to much or I missed the target.
Best wishes and enjoy your hammer set in healthy days :)

View attachment 310563
Thanks have great day, I’ll keep the soft head for peoples fingers.

Wow, I just found this hammer on Harbor Freight for $3.99!!! Cheaper than a peanut butter sandwich! Thanks Spatz.

1. Any kind of small hammer (tack hammer, ball -peen hammer, nail hammer, etc) will do. For the anvil, just grab any size, shape weight of iron/steel/brass (about 3x3x1 or so) and bang away.
2. I have several kinds of hammers and "anvils" and use them almost every day. Found most of them in the street or in a gutter somewhere. You don't have to spend money on this kind of stuff. Just keep an eye out for no cost items that can be used as tools, they are everywhere.

I bought one 2 years ago at HF , I get most of my modelling tools there, a huge amount of clamps of every shape and size , they are really well priced

Also useful is a Jewelers Bench Block. Hardened with surfaces ground smooth and polished. It can be turned on edge and used as the anvil is or laid flat for using the riveting/staking holes. Even has some slots useful for bends.
Screenshot_20220610-093448_eBay.jpg

Back