What do you wear ?

I have just been doing my washing ... yes I am a sad single guy and I noticed that most of my everyday clothes either have a small drop of paint or a hard spot of glue on them !
It made me wonder
Am I a messy modeller ?
Do others have the same problem ?
Do you wear specific clothes ?
Or are you a natural modeller HeHe

I have just been doing my washing ... yes I am a sad single guy and I noticed that most of my everyday clothes either have a small drop of paint or a hard spot of glue on them !
It made me wonder
Am I a messy modeller ?
Being the resident homeowner, handyman, landscaper, and hobbyist many of my clothes have holes,rips,grease and paint stains. I usually do not see them until my wife points them out.

Your comments really touched me, you are obviously dedicated to each other and support each other in ways that others can only wish for,
Best regards John,
Thank you, this is my first wood model kit, And I honestly think I just need to just start sanding and gluing. Instead of trying to learn all there is to know,and buying all the tools I “think” I need.

It made me wonder
Am I a messy modeller ?
My daughter does our laundry as both my wife and I are handicapped. But yes, I don't believe I have any clothing that doesn't have either a paint stain or a cement blot. It's a mark of our hobby.

An Apron?
I have the same problem with paint and glue spots. This post set me thinking that an apron with lots of chest pockets robust enough to accommodate safely the tools currently in use would be useful. A google search for work aprons threw up some likely candidates. If an apron lies across the knees when seated it might catch some of the deadeyes and blocks with lemming tendencies. I shall pursue this option.

An Apron?
I have the same problem with paint and glue spots. This post set me thinking that an apron with lots of chest pockets robust enough to accommodate safely the tools currently in use would be useful. A google search for work aprons threw up some likely candidates. If an apron lies across the knees when seated it might catch some of the deadeyes and blocks with lemming tendencies. I shall pursue this option.
Sounds a good idea it might keep the carpet monster less hungry

If an apron lies across the knees when seated it might catch some of the deadeyes and blocks with lemming tendencies.
Personally, I’m convinced that small fiddly pieces that fly off the bench never make it to the ground, they get sucked into another dimension. So I don’t think an apron is the answer. I do have shop clothes that I use that usually stand up in the corner by themselves because of all the paint and glue and stuff that accumulates on them. ROTFROTFROTF

An Apron?
You do not need to be a famous “model. To look like one, when modeling.

IMG_4436.jpeg

Hilarious!!! I also have the same problem with glue and paint spots all over my clothes. For the fiddly bits, I don't even waste my time looking for them anymore.

An Apron?
J.F.D.I.
Found it (Amazon £9.99), bought it, worn it.
I tried tucking it under the front edge of the cutting mat to catch bits. Not very secure so I may try sewing some magnets to the hem. Not hooks! the consequences of walking away without unhooking don't bear thinking about.
And/or I may try turning up the bottom of the hem like trouser cuffs ( for those of us who remember them). A weekly inspection of the contents might be as rewarding as a fossick down the back of the sofa (=settee in my native Derbyshire speak)
apron1[1].jpg apron2[1].jpg

Personally, I’m convinced that small fiddly pieces that fly off the bench never make it to the ground, they get sucked into another dimension. So I don’t think an apron is the answer. I do have shop clothes that I use that usually stand up in the corner by themselves because of all the paint and glue and stuff that accumulates on them. ROTFROTF

J.F.D.I.
I tried tucking it under the front edge of the cutting mat to catch bits. Not very secure so I may try sewing some magnets to the hem. Not hooks! the consequences of walking away without unhooking don't bear thinking about.
And/or I may try turning up the bottom of the hem like trouser cuffs ( for those of us who remember them). A weekly inspection of the contents might be as rewarding as a fossick down the back of the sofa (=settee in my native Derbyshire speak)
View attachment 454100 View attachment 454101
Where
J.F.D.I.
View attachment 454100 View attachment 454101
I am not far from you S Yorkshire
It looks a good idea

Back