What is your best tool for wood kits!

the list of tools I am using is not exhausted yet :) Another member of the family:
There are some more very useful tools in the workshop, but still didn't make good photos of it. Will be added later.

1590468575454.pngfamily :

Last edited:
I went through the tool addiction phase years ago. Then I realised that the real challenge was building your own tools and way more fun too.
It's always easier to fix, adjust, tune and upgrade a tool if you have built it and know it intimately.
Here's the latest machine I built (with the old cyclone dust collector in the back):
20200526_160957.jpg
Materials were mostly MDF for the body, Plywood for the tables. and hard woods for the interior box holding the tension springs.
Rollers are pieces of round MDF glued together.

Ah tools, I love them all but possibly my dial caliper for both metric and imperial measuring is the most used and after that definitely my Byrnes Model saw.
After years of loosing or mislaying what ever it was that I was using just moments before I decided to try to be a bit more organised and put some of them onto the wall a sort of shadow board without the shadows, it’s great as long as I remember to put the back after using.0548E706-8322-4CDC-A178-82966F3FA1CF.jpeg

Back