What size Wire

Another question what size wire do you Guys use for making eyes and such also brass,copper or steel.My kit did not come with any wire and I dont know what would look best.

A great source for wire of different gauges and colors is the jewelry hobby section of your hobby and craft stores. My wife is a quilter. So while she is getting fabrics I am scrounging through the jewelry section of Joann Fabrics looking for stuff I can use in model ship building. I get ring bolts, chain, wire, and other odds and ends that work great for scales around 1/48 (which is my preferred model scale). The chain and wire used on my Revenge model lower deadeyes are from Joann’s (search my build log).

Another question what size wire do you Guys use for making eyes and such also brass,copper or steel.My kit did not come with any wire and I dont know what would look best.
You must match the scale size of the wire to the actual size of the ship's part that you want to make. There is no such thing as 'one wire fits all'. I build at 1/48 and use copper and brass wire in sizes 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30.

Back