Where to find plans for a Hog Islander ship build?

So..... A WW I era transport/freighter that hung around and saw service in WWII. Seems like they were mostly used by the Merchant Marine until conscripted into the war plans for WW II. Do you have a specific ship in mind, or...??? A Hog Islander is sort of a generic term, and there were several distinct types (maybe two types..??). I really don't know too much about these ships. It seems like I have seen a couple of models listed around in different places though....
Do you know what you are looking for.??

Last edited:
I just read (somewhere..?? SMH..Redface) that there may be two plan sets available from the National Archives..... For the USS Sirius and the USS Vega.....
I don't have contact information though...

I would like to build the Type A ship. The Sagaporack was or is my goal. I've never ordered plans before, but am really interested in doing so. The U.S.S. Sirius would fit this just fine. She was the Saluda and then renamed Sirius. How would I go about obtaining these plans? Thanks for the information.

Let me see if I can find that previous information again. Like I said, I don't have contact information, but I'll try to find the previous stuff. I'll do my best....no promises though.!!

Back