Wire Bending and Looping Tools

In building the Nuestra Senora del Pilar from OcCre, there will be a need as part of the build, to form brass wire and create loops in the wire for line to be run. I think the part is for hammock storage but am not sure. Looking around, I found these pliers for bending and looping wire. Tried it out on a piece from the kit and it works very well.

Nuestra_347.jpgNuestra_348.jpgNuestra_346.jpgNuestra_347.jpgNuestra_348.jpgNuestra_346.jpg

Last edited:
In building the Nuestra Senora del Pilar from OcCre, there will be a need as part of the build, to form brass wire and create loops in the wire for line to be run. I think the part is for hammock storage but am not sure. Looking around, I found these pliers for bending and looping wire. Tried it out on a piece from the kit and it works very well.

View attachment 298113View attachment 298114View attachment 298115View attachment 298113View attachment 298114View attachment 298115
Hi Philski,

Looks like the pliers will give you very consistent resalts, nice tool.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Those looping pliers are a revelation to me. Looking on line it would seem the 1.5mm ones are the smallest available.
I assume it's the pin which is 1.5mm (ie the inside of the loop produced).
Does the tool look substantial enough to replace the pin with a thinner one?

Those looping pliers are a revelation to me. Looking on line it would seem the 1.5mm ones are the smallest available.
I assume it's the pin which is 1.5mm (ie the inside of the loop produced).
Does the tool look substantial enough to replace the pin with a thinner one?
I doubt it. It all works together and getting a smaller pin would only take care of half of the procedure. There are youtube videos btw.....

View attachment 298113View attachment 298114View attachment 298115View attachment 298113View attachment 298114View attachment 298115
I have the same looping pliers and find they make very consistent loops. The only restriction is that they make a fixed size and that is not always the correct scale. The tapered pliers then have to be used.

You're lucky Mann. This is my Dreamship to build- but it is too late. Until what I have been seeing, you do it correctly. I have the full ship build downloaded, and this model is newer and more correct than Montanes, which had a mixture of a British ship against the oriental one. It is only a shame all these metal fittings- some out of scale -others are not correct. The mast Cap for the oriental build is correct but does not have a Hole to add the Riggenline and do not have the roller where this line pass over The windows and doors are out of scale -if any doubt contacts me. Wirec from Poland with his Montanes did the CAPS perfectly well- after my suggestion. the images are all from ythe Oriental Riggen of the Lower Yard to Mast

072- tamboreta continental.jpg

071--tamborera continental.jpg

070-AMBURETE.jpg

1609-foremat-trinquita-- rigging (44).jpg

Orthodontic pliers make great tools too. This one was $16.

IMG_0276.jpg

Back