Wood Filler for Sapele Wood

My 2nd hull planking on the Soleil Royal is Sapele. I have some gaps that need filling and was wondering what filler can blend well.
I realize that making your own filler by mixing glue with the woods sandings is the best but I only have .5mm thick planking and takes VERY long to sand for some powder.
Any suggestions?

Should be no gaps on second planking. Sorry.
I agree. But am fairly new and some mistakes were made. The gaps are minimal and almost hairline so would like to fill them in.

As much as it is possible I would try shaping out finishing wood complete pieces and fitting them into the gaps.

As much as it is possible I would try shaping out finishing wood complete pieces and fitting them into the gaps.
Thanks. I did see an article somewhere where someone mentioned putting a bit of glue in the gap and sand the area. The sand will drop into the glue and fill the gap. I tried that and although it did fill the gap, the color was tan.

Hey Bud,

I have had good color-match results with the Dark Mahogany/Cherry shade of this product:

Hi Bud ; If your gaps are hairline, you don't need too much wood sandings ... therefore why not using the coffee blender of your wife for making those wood sandings ... simply wait she's not @ home when experimenting the blender ! ;) ... or go to the nearest carpenter's workshop and ask for free !

Hi Bud ; If your gaps are hairline, you don't need too much wood sandings ... therefore why not using the coffee blender of your wife for making those wood sandings ... simply wait she's not @ home when experimenting the blender ! ;) ... or go to the nearest carpenter's workshop and ask for free !
I live alone...and I have a coffee grinder...gotta give this a try.

Back