Wooden anvil cleats

Hi to all,

I am searching for wooden cleats to attach to the rigging, 1:54. The shops on the internet have them, albeit in metal. There are cleats out there laser-cut, but have been unable to locate a supplier, preferably in Europe. Can anyone point me into the right direction so that I'm able to purchase some.
The alternative would be to make them myself. However, I don't possess a milling or a CNC machine, so making them could be a challenge. Maybe somebody has some surplus he or she would like to sell on.

Many thanks.

Hi to all,

I am searching for wooden cleats to attach to the rigging, 1:54. The shops on the internet have them, albeit in metal. There are cleats out there laser-cut, but have been unable to locate a supplier, preferably in Europe. Can anyone point me into the right direction so that I'm able to purchase some.
The alternative would be to make them myself. However, I don't possess a milling or a CNC machine, so making them could be a challenge. Maybe somebody has some surplus he or she would like to sell on.

Many thanks.
Syren ship model company sells very nice laser cut boxwood cleats in different sizes (https://syrenshipmodelcompany.com/laser-cut-ship-model-fittings.php). I used them on my previous build. Might find similar ones on eBay - I didn't look.

There are also some offered by aeronaut, krick and Artesania..... but the problem is often the incorrect form of the cleats

415-00370-weitere.jpg

7ee47b74ae7fb67093fe4c62f2840215.jpg

aueronaut are the best by the form, but they are made out of PVC

d415-00358---415-00364-detail.jpg

often the problematic is the fact, that the laser cut cleats like from Syren - you have to give them all the correct shape in the third dimension, means sanding down the foot
1309917-41450-39-pristine.jpg (Syren)

at the end cleats should look like this
2.thumb.JPG.ff429a8cc9e68bdabb0a62b48641544b.jpg

Definitely there is some sanding necessary independent, which supplier you choose at the end

Thanks very much for your responses.
The Krick cleats don't come into consideration. The anvil type cleats I require are mirror imaged, more or less, to enable the lower part of the cleat to be tied to the rigging.
The cleats from modellbau-planet.de come close to the shape rquired, unfortunatley they are made from metal or PVC.
Here is a typical example of the cleats needed:

Cleats for rigging.jpg
and lashed to the shroud.

Cleats lashed to the shroud.jpg

The cleats from the Syren ship modell company come closest. I only need twenty or so of them.

I am getting some samples of cleats ,same quality the rigging blocks,and if everything wotks out than might sell them,these are not the finsl product,also in process to the sheaves wgere you tie them with the rope so it will be very realistic.

Thanks very much for your responses.
The Krick cleats don't come into consideration. The anvil type cleats I require are mirror imaged, more or less, to enable the lower part of the cleat to be tied to the rigging.
The cleats from modellbau-planet.de come close to the shape rquired, unfortunatley they are made from metal or PVC.
Here is a typical example of the cleats needed:

View attachment 231810
and lashed to the shroud.

View attachment 231811 The cleats from the Syren ship modell company come closest. I only need twenty or so of them.
559AE618-5695-4C72-9CAE-7C47AA8E0482.jpeg

I am getting some samples of cleats ,same quality the rigging blocks,and if everything wotks out than might sell them,these are not the finsl product,also in process to the sheaves wgere you tie them with the rope so it will be very realistic.

View attachment 231828
I had a look on your website and the blocks look very good. Something to consider for my next project.

The cleats I require are 8 mm long overall and 2,5 mm wide. Yourtype of cleats as shown would suit my build. I'll have to do a bit of work on them though, such as adding a groove to the left and right of the base and in the middle of the upper part to accommodate the rope.

I had a look on your website and the blocks look very good. Something to consider for my next project.

The cleats I require are 8 mm long overall and 2,5 mm wide. Yourtype of cleats as shown would suit my build. I'll have to do a bit of work on them though, such as adding a groove to the left and right of the base and in the middle of the upper part to accommodate the rope.
As I said these are not the final products, grooves will be added ,I will keep you updated

Around that time. When it gets nearer to the delivery date, I'll contact you via your website regarding purchase and shipping cost.
Btw, what is the type of wood from which the cleats will be manufactured?
Same as the blocks, boxwood and pearwood, I am in favor of pearwood

Hi to all,

Many thanks.
Probiere diese link in Spanien :hobbiesguinra.es/es/. Eine von die groeste Hobby shop Europa. was die nicht habe findest tu fast gar niche. alle typen assesories,
Try this link in Spain: hobbiesguinra.es/es/. One of the largest hobby shops in Europe. what they didn't find, I almost didn't find anything. all types of accessories,
they diver worldwide. know this shop for more than 40 years-

Probiere diese link in Spanien :hobbiesguinra.es/es/. Eine von die groeste Hobby shop Europa. was die nicht habe findest tu fast gar niche. alle typen assesories,
Try this link in Spain: hobbiesguinra.es/es/. One of the largest hobby shops in Europe. what they didn't find, I almost didn't find anything. all types of accessories,
they diver worldwide. know this shop for more than 40 years-
Vielen dank für diesen Link. Die Schreibweise war nicht ganz richtig. Der Link sollte heißen: www.hobbiesguinea.es/en. Ich habe die Seite angeschaut. Viele schöne Sachen, leider keine Klampen aus Holz
Many thanks for the link. There is a spelling mistake. The link should read: www.hobbiesguinea.es/en. I had a look at the site. Interesting stuff, but no cleats in wood, unfortunately.

Vielen dank für diesen Link. Die Schreibweise war nicht ganz richtig. Der Link sollte heißen: www.hobbiesguinea.es/en. Ich habe die Seite angeschaut. Viele schöne Sachen, leider keine Klampen aus Holz
Many thanks for the link. There is a spelling mistake. The link should read: www.hobbiesguinea.es/en. I had a look at the site. Interesting stuff, but no cleats in wood, unfortunately.
Tut mir leid das zu hören, da diese Firma normalerweise fast alles hat. Ich kenne diese Firma seit 1978, als ich aus Dänemark nach Spanien kam, und war bis heute hier
Es ist nicht so schwierig, sie selbst herzustellen. Machen Sie eine Zeichnung mit dem richtigen Maß und übertragen Sie diese Zeichnung auf ein Stück Holz. Schneiden Sie beide Seiten mit einem Winkel von 45 ° um 60%. die 40% schneiden Sie, was der Fuß sein wird. Jetzt mit einem Freizer, Dremel, machen Sie oben auf der Kurve, die Sie mögen - jetzt schneiden Sie nur jede nach dem Maß der Messung

BARCOS 17-PARTS.jpg

To close out the topic, I made some cleats myself. They take on a similar shape to those shown in post #17. I made them from two halves, an upper half and a lower half, which I then bonded together. I took my Dremel and a mill with a small round cutting head and created a groove on the underside so that the cleat sits well on the rigging. I am quite pleased by the result and as the number of cleats required was small I didn't plumb for commercial stock.
Many thanks to all who have given me sound advice and suggestions in this thread.

Trevor

Last edited:
To close out the topic, I made some cleats myself. They take on a similar shape to those shown in post #17. I made them from two halves, an upper half and a lower half, which I then bonded together. I took my Dremel and a mill with a small round cutting head and created a groove on the underside so that the cleat sits well on the rigging. I am quite pleased by the result and as the number of cleats required was small I didn't plumb for commercial stock.
Many thanks to all who have given me sound advice and suggestions in this thread.

Trevor
Sounds good and it seems to be solved for your needs.
If not, here just a new announcement by @Dry-Dock Models & Parts with the best cleats I have ever seen

Back