Working on a Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito.

Superb aircraft and superb model. The original aircraft were built of wood, used as a fighter, bomber, and Photo Recon during WW2.
Power two RR Merlins, and it was very fast!
The advantage o building in wood was that the parts could be build by skilled cabinet and piano makers in their own workshops and then assembly of the parts into an aircraft at the plane factory. Thereby avoiding the use of aluminium that was required for other aircraft, (Lancaster and Spitfire) and increasing the workforce to make parts without the need for training or building new factories for parts making.
Deisigned by DeHavilland Aircraft, who had built numerous wooden aircraft type in the past, mostly biplanes, the Mosquito served in Europe and the Far East during and fater WW2.

Very nice job. Now you are ready to build Border Models' 1/32 Avro Lancaster ( supposedly the most detailed plastic airplane model kit ever manufactured.-around $600 for the kit if you can find it.) It would make a wonderful companion to your Mosquito. The Lancaster and the Mosquito were in my opinion the two best planes at the disposal of Bomber Command] in WW2. There are several great build videos of the Border Lancaster on YouTube...
Alex R

Very nice job. Now you are ready to build Border Models' 1/32 Avro Lancaster ( supposedly the most detailed plastic airplane model kit ever manufactured.-around $600 for the kit if you can find it.) It would make a wonderful companion to your Mosquito. The Lancaster and the Mosquito were in my opinion the two best planes at the disposal of Bomber Command] in WW2. There are several great build videos of the Border Lancaster on YouTube...
Thanks everyone for the likes.
The Lancaster would indeed be tempting but do you know how much room it would take up? More than any of my ship models for starters!

The mossie was involved in some impressive raids, although not without ‘collateral damage’. Here’s a You Tube link to an example of such.

Back