Woronora River

Hi from down under. I’m a scratch builder for over 15years. Mostly 17th century British ships, Dutch merchantmen and historical ships peculiar to Australian discovery. Currently I’m looking for images and plans (?) 16th to 17th century of Dutch fluyts. Especially with bluff sterns. I’m also endeavouring to understand how to navigate ‘Ships of Scale’. I’m going to need all the help I can get and rely on your generosity and patience. Really keen to get some info on ‘Fluyts’. See ya’s! Thanks

Hello Woronora River,
For plans of 16th/17th century ships, including a lovely Dutch Fluyt (or Fleute), "Derfflinger", I would recommend the book "Risse von Schiffen des 16. und17. Jahrhunderts" by Rolf Hockel. The book is in German, but it includes excellent loose leaf plans in 1:100 scale for 7 different ships: "Derfflinger"1675, "Golden Hind/Pelican" 1575, "Revenge" 1577, "Roter Lowe" 1597, "Berlin" 1674, "Grosse Jacht" 1678, and "Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde" 1680. The book is no longer in print but sometimes come up second hand. I got mine from a maritime book seller in the Netherlands, Nautiek.nl Maritime Books who sell over the internet.

Hope that helps

Hi from down under. I’m a scratch builder for over 15years. Mostly 17th century British ships, Dutch merchantmen and historical ships peculiar to Australian discovery. Currently I’m looking for images and plans (?) 16th to 17th century of Dutch fluyts. Especially with bluff sterns. I’m also endeavouring to understand how to navigate ‘Ships of Scale’. I’m going to need all the help I can get and rely on your generosity and patience. Really keen to get some info on ‘Fluyts’. See ya’s! Thanks

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

HI FOR INFO ON DUTCH SHIPS LOTS OF OF SITES STAQRT WITH AB HOVING EXPERT SCRATCH AS WELL AS RESEARCH NEW OUT UNDER HISTORY AND RESEARCH WALDEMERE, LOGS AND EXPERTS MAARTEN, HEI9NRICH ALL EXPERT MODELERS ASW WELL AS KNOWLE4GABLE IN DUTCH SHIP BUILDING ASK AWAY. QAND WELCOME. GOD BLESS STAY SAQFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Welcome aboard

Hallo @Woronora River
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back