Wrong forum??

Maybe I will. I've done that for motorcycles, lawn tractors, outboard motors, and snow blowers. Trying to get the photos up this time was maddening-not sure if it's me or the PC having an attitude. First thing will be decking. When I took my bike work platform I found some left over paneling where it gets stored. I always get way ahead of the actual job. thinking of batteries, paint colors, using old 12v fan motors instead of made for modeling stuff. My work at the U of MN encompassed everything from pencil sharpeners and window fans to fork lifts and emergency generators. The last half of my tenure was on the Farm campus including wonderous thing like horse treadmills, barn cleaners, and manure composting machinery. Jury rigging was a much needed ability. Later,GJ

As long as you are not building 1:1 and it floats it is a ship of scale, so you are on the right address . Please post your blog as this looks to be very interesting.
Actually under plastic builds you can also find more RC equipped builds.
But yours definately fits the scratch build section.

Please continue with your build log here, just rename the thread something meaningful for other model-builders: Like the name of the ship, the scale you are building... you know what I mean!!!

Just found this. I remember this unique ship when she sailed. Converted WWII Victory ship - hence it's name! Apparently I was only 12 years old when this ship was sent off the lakes for scrapping in 1985.

Sorry for not updating. I've been corresponding w 2 other RC forums about build. Been sidetracked for 2 weeks since '99 Camry broke timing belt. Hope to get back to ship soon as I've procured the electronics bits. Not much new to show. Deck and rudder are next items to make. There is a video of another person's C.V. model online showing it in operation.

Attachments

• 000_0010 (1).JPG
    000_0010 (1).JPG
    216 KB · Views: 5
  • 000_0019 (1).JPG
    000_0019 (1).JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 000_0023 (1).JPG
    000_0023 (1).JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
Back