wrong parts

Bon

Hello,

I bought the Alert kit.
During the test I found that the milled boards did not match the instructions. As a pattern I have board 4 . does anyone know this problem?

Bon

Part 4.jpg

Hi Bon. I found it was best to work through each board and write the right number on each piece before taking it out of the board. There are some extra/spare bits on some which you don't need and a couple of pieces had the wrong number on them. You should work out which is correct by process of elimination or have a look at a couple of the building logs think PaulV's one may have some tips if I remember. Hope this helps and good luck it a nice model to build.

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this is not possible.

The layout of all milled boards, except 15/16/17/18, has been completely changed. I've attached a few photos.
There you can see how they should be and how they are.

Hello,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately that's not possible.

The layout of all milled boards, except 15/16/17/18, has been completely changed. I've attached a few photos.
There you can see how they should be and how they are.

The differences in the layout are too large to reliably assign the part number.
Parts that can be recognized visually can be found on other boards.
Since the differences in the frames are too small, an exact assignment is not possible.

I started building the keel.
Unfortunately the parts for the keel are on boards 15-18.
These are the only ones that are correct. So I didn't notice the mistake when I started building.

For me the kit is worthless in this condition because it cannot be built.

Unfortunately the seller is not responding either.
I hope I get my money back through PAYPAL.

A lot of success with your projects

Bon

Platte 2.jpg

Platte 3.jpg

Platte 4.jpg

Platte 5.jpg

Platte 6.jpg

Platte 7.jpg

Platte 8.jpg

Platte 9.jpg

Platte 10.jpg

Platte 11.jpg

Platte 12.jpg

Platte 13.jpg

Platte 20.jpg

Platte 21.jpg

Platte 22.jpg

Platte 23.jpg

Platte 24.jpg

Platte 25.jpg

Platte 28.jpg

Bon, I was wondering if the instructions or the board were wrong for the build. Maybe Luigi could comment?

This type of issue is not uncommon. IN this day and age when manufacturers are trying to save money they may review the layout of components to try and create a more economical way of getting all the parts into fewer planks of timber. The issue is they don't change the instructions.
It may be a pain in the bum, but as suggested above, you will need to work methodically through all the diagrams and your boards to align the right part number to the actual component unless you can contact the manufacturer and have them supply you with an up to date paper layout that matches their milling.

I am not aware if Trident Model has modified or changed anything in the kit,it is still the same as it was released

Hello,

you can not distinguish the parts from each other, see picture.
Are the two lower parts AL 37-2 or AL 39-2? The difference is so small that you can't see it.
Only the manufacturer can assign the part numbers according to the layout.

The seller finally got back to me yesterday.
yes i have the right ship and yes the kit has been changed in layout.

Peter is right.

Unfortunately, I received the old manual in the kit.
He sent with photos of the current version, unfortunately partially blurred. I could see that the layout matches my milled parts, but I can't read all the part numbers.
As soon as I get good photos of the manual I will post them here.

jippi, I can start building

BSP.JPG

BSP 1.JPG

Hello,

you can not distinguish the parts from each other, see picture.
Are the two lower parts AL 37-2 or AL 39-2? The difference is so small that you can't see it.
Only the manufacturer can assign the part numbers according to the layout.

The seller finally got back to me yesterday.
yes i have the right ship and yes the kit has been changed in layout.

Peter is right.

Unfortunately, I received the old manual in the kit.
He sent with photos of the current version, unfortunately partially blurred. I could see that the layout matches my milled parts, but I can't read all the part numbers.
As soon as I get good photos of the manual I will post them here.

jippi, I can start building

View attachment 356877

View attachment 356878
Hallo @Bon
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your project going? Maybe you show us the status of the model / work

Back