Yacht Harlingen, launched 1771 - scratch built by Ivan Trtanj

Die Yacht Harlingen ist etwas weiter gekommen, die Steuerbordseite ist schnell fertig. Gegenüber den anderen Modellbauern, bin ich nicht so schnell. Der Bauplan aus 1771 muss mit den Literaturen rekonstruiert und gesehen werden, war der Konstrukteur alles zeigt gezeigt. Ich habe in seinen Gedanken rein zu kommen und ihn nach zu ahmen. Und dass es so wird, dass ich noch andere Literatur habe, war nicht mit Schiffbau zu tun hat.

Some more progress on the Yacht Harlingen. Starboard ist relatively fast finished. Compared to some other modelers I am not so fast. Based on other literature I have to reconstruct the construction drawing from 1771 in order to show what the shipwright did not show. I try to get into his thoughts of this time and imitate and interpret his work. And this I do also with other publications not related to ship construction, but history and art.....

P1010366.JPGP1010367.JPGP1010368.JPGP1010374.JPGP1010375.JPGP1010376.JPGP1010377.JPGP1010378.JPGP1010379.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had already 3 times the honor and pleasure to admire Ivan's ships in his Kressbronn museum. I will do it again immediately when I find time. Simply overwhelmimg what this artist does there.
For all members, who do not know the work of Ivan, please take a look at this topic with photos I made of all models in the exhibition.......

Die Yacht wird gebaut im Admiralitäts-Art. Das Schiff wurde im Barock-Stil gebaut und das Dekor passt auch zu der Zeit.
Dafür habe ich ein bestimmtes System entwickelt, das mir der Arbeit Spaß macht. Die Bilder zeigen den momentanen Stand.
Das verwendete Holz ist Elsbeere oder Eberesche. Das spätere Schnitzwerk wird später dann aus Buchsbaum erstellt.

The Yacht will be built in Admirality style. The ship was built at the end of the Baroque-era - visible very much with the decoration of the ship.
I developed a specialiced system for the construction of the hull, bringing a lot of fun for me. The attached photos showing the actual status of the work.
The timber I am using is the so called Elsbeere (Sorbus torminalis) and Eberesche (Sorbus aucuparia). The carvings and decorations will be made out of boxwood.

View attachment 75318View attachment 75319

View attachment 75320

View attachment 75321 View attachment 75322

View attachment 75323

View attachment 75324

View attachment 75325

View attachment 75326

To be continued....
Hallo Ivan mein Freund, alias @Ivan Trtanj
wir wünschen dir Alles Alles Gute zu deinem Geburtstag
Viel Gesundheit und ein langes Leben mit vielen vielen Modellen
Genieße den heutigen Tag
Birthday-Cake

we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Congratulations on the day, Ivan !. greetings an amateur from Norway, -

Dear Ivan
Happy Birthday,Birthday-CakeBeer:D ! Wishing you all the BEST, happiness and health

Nach so vielen Aufträgen, komme ich endlich wieder zu meinem Modell, der Yacht Harlingen. Der Blick zeigt über die Bordwand auf die Anrichtung der Schiffsmitte, vom Mast bis zum großen Hecksalon auf dem Achterschiff. Das ich über meine Arbeitsprotokolle etwas schreibe, wird wahrscheinlich langweilig, weil Bilder mehr als Worte sprechen. Die Schnitzereien sind wie üblich aus Buchsbaum, die Dächer der Oberlichter sind aus Amaranth-Holz. If sterben Arbeiten auf der Deck-Mitte fertig gestellt sind, dann kommen nur noch die Schnitzwerke auf dem Heck.

After so many orders, I'm finally getting back to my model, the Yacht Harlingen. The view over the ship's side shows the arrangement of the ship's center, from the mast to the large stern saloon on the stern. Writing something about my work protocols will probably get boring because pictures speak louder than words. As usual, the carvings are made of boxwood, the roofs of the skylights are made of amaranth wood. When the work on the middle of the deck is finished, then only the carvings on the stern are left.

P1010398.JPG
P1010400.JPG
P1010401.JPG
P1010402.JPG
P1010403.JPG
P1010404.JPG
P1010406.JPG
P1010407.JPG
P1010409.JPG
P1010410.JPG
P1010411.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: