Yet another Occre release. IS it ?....... ( image is all I have)

IS NOT THE SAN BARTOLOJMO 2, BASED ON RESEARCH AND NOT A FANTASEY SHIP, I THINK IT IS NOT A FANTASEY SHIP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE AQLL DON

I wish Occre would upgrade the quality of their new kits. Ugly cast metal fittings and incorrect sized deck planking material does not cut it these days.
I agree. I was asked by a museum (the same one that I donated my Victory to)to build the Endeavor and Terror for them. I was so disappointed that I chose not to rig them. At my age(82) it is not worth the time and effort especially now with my reduced rigging skills. I also have the Beagle underway which I will not be finishing either.

Last edited:
I have built models from Occre since their start in the 1980 since they started in Madrid /where I had my residence for 20 Years - I started in 196lth with Billing Boats- a big difference between the two companies -and a big difference in prices-
I have build Ntra. Señora Mercedes, ; Montanes, Santisidad Trinidad. ENDEVOUR WAS NOT FROM OCCRE BUT ARTESANIA LATINA I have never found big problems- as a builder ,if you do like a part make one yourselves.. You can Not compare a medium-priced model (about 500 EU against the Admirality models with prices of about 1000€ or more)
Everybody is free to buy what one like So changes Compan, there is Nobody forcing you.
At least one good thing with OcCre is that ono-you and others -can download the building instruction in PDF format free of charce, EVEN before you buy it, very detailed and in 9 different languajes. SO NO ESCUESE AFTERWORDS.
Anyhow S.O.S. AND OTHER GROUP COULD TRY TO CONTACT OCCRE
ELCAPI

10-endeavour_.jpg

I like it! I see that most don't. I ordered one. Probably won't build it quite as distressed looking as show. I also have Pavel's San Bartolome. I need to stop buying every ship I see and like.
I know the disease well Rob. Although I can't afford to buy everyone I see, but I have about a dozen kits waiting to be started. :) It's always hardest around this time of year with all the sales like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I think I purchased 3 kits this season. LOL

I have built models from Occre since their start in the 1980 since they started in Madrid /where I had my residence for 20 Years - I started in 196lth with Billing Boats- a big difference between the two companies -and a big difference in prices-
I have build Ntra. Señora Mercedes, ; Montanes, Santisidad Trinidad. ENDEVOUR WAS NOT FROM OCCRE BUT ARTESANIA LATINA I have never found big problems- as a builder ,if you do like a part make one yourselves.. You can Not compare a medium-priced model (about 500 EU against the Admirality models with prices of about 1000€ or more)
Everybody is free to buy what one like So changes Compan, there is Nobody forcing you.
At least one good thing with OcCre is that ono-you and others -can download the building instruction in PDF format free of charce, EVEN before you buy it, very detailed and in 9 different languajes. SO NO ESCUESE AFTERWORDS.
Anyhow S.O.S. AND OTHER GROUP COULD TRY TO CONTACT OCCRE
ELCAPI

View attachment 346538

I too have been building for 50 years. It is nothing more than my opinion like it or not. Cheers! John.

Sadly I have heard that the only cure for wanting and buy more or new kits, it to stop breathing for the long haul, it does settle that problem, but leaves many more behind, like what to do with the collection the former issues has created.

Back