Yet another SoS newbie checking in!

Hello,
Glad to be here.
My projects will be scratch builds: HMS Bounty 1/48 pof one side fully planked the other open frame & HMC Kitchner K-225 Flower Class Covette 1/48 similarly plate on frame as they were built also on side closed the other open to show framing and interior details.
me: long time aircraft mech. /inspector, hydraulic servo system designer, and lifelong aircraft model builder (flying precision scale), antique airplane restorer, EAA homebuilt aircraft builder too. Thus, something different to stretch these gluedobber fingers and frustrate the eyes! ;-)

Thank you, all.
I look forward to learning a lot and enjoying the learning.

Welcome aboard from another old aircraft mechanic.

I work on Model Railroad, WWII era real aircraft (A-26 Invader) still work for a living between hobbies.
Yep, a/c wrench benders and butyrate or nitrate dope slingers stick together .... er somethun' such!
Boy howdy an A-26 is a lot bird to restore and keep airworthy! What condition is she in? I haven't seen one for a long time nor read of one flying in years.
I once did a dbl. engine-prop. change on a Howard 500 and several B-25's. Much fun especially the check out flights when seat pucker factor hits hard!!

Last edited:
Yep, a/c wrench benders and butyrate or nitrate dope slingers stick together .... er somethun' such!
Boy howdy an A-26 is a lot bird to restore and keep airworthy! What condition is she in? I haven't seen one for a long time nor read of one flying in years.
I once did a dbl. engine-prop. change on a Howard 500 and several B-25's. Much fun especially the check out flights when seat pucker factor hits hard!!
We got ours back flying in Nov 20, after 25 years on the ground, broken spar and lots of corrosion to fix.

Part of the CAF, SH a-26 Support Group.

We got ours back flying in Nov 20, after 25 years on the ground, broken spar and lots of corrosion to fix.

Part of the CAF, SH a-26 Support Group.
Good ol' CAF!!
Congratulations!! That spar repair must've required a whole bunch of head scratching angst with faa more or less ¨friendlies¨ . Good thing you'd the CAF reputation to help. How much had to be opened up or was it a total wing rebuild. Or heaven fore-feign, was it fuselage carry through spar(s)? Any way there was one heck of a big cleco-n- rivet smackn' to be done. I can feel the bucking bar slap numbness just thinking of it, not mention the distinctly unmistakable rattle slap buzz we know so well! And the special scent of alclad being drilled, or the acres of fresh zinc chromate primer gently wafting to the hangar rafters! A/C mech. heaven. ;-)
This one?

Okay, time for me to go silent and back to learning from all you folk here. Plus of course dreaming/planning my SoS on topic models. Who knows, I might accidentally live to get them built!! ;-)

That's the ole gal, lots of sweat and blood when into the repairs, I was the "aircraft systems" guy as we had several SM and spark chasers working. Had to do lots of research to put boxes of parts back together after years of sitting around.

Hello,
Glad to be here.
My projects will be scratch builds: HMS Bounty 1/48 pof one side fully planked the other open frame & HMC Kitchner K-225 Flower Class Covette 1/48 similarly plate on frame as they were built also on side closed the other open to show framing and interior details.
me: long time aircraft mech. /inspector, hydraulic servo system designer, and lifelong aircraft model builder (flying precision scale), antique airplane restorer, EAA homebuilt aircraft builder too. Thus, something different to stretch these gluedobber fingers and frustrate the eyes! ;-)

Thank you, all.
I look forward to learning a lot and enjoying the learning.
Hallo @oldgluedobber
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back