You Tube Videos

Here's a couple of You Tube videos I found very interesting recently. The first is a history of British Navy captain Thomas Cochrane. I never heard of him before but he was a remarkable character who was fictionalized in many novels. The second is the horrific story of the wreck of the SS Atlantic in 1873. I never heard of this tragedy until watching this video. There are several other videos of these two topics on You Tube

Here's a couple of You Tube videos I found very interesting recently. The first is a history of British Navy captain Thomas Cochrane. I never heard of him before but he was a remarkable character who was fictionalized in many novels. The second is the horrific story of the wreck of the SS Atlantic in 1873. I never heard of this tragedy until watching this video. There are several other videos of these two topics on You Tube

Here is a more current but 1929 sailing around Cape Horn in the largest square rigger of the day with old B/W movies shot by the narrator later in 1960
Watch your footing and keep one hand for yourself. Rich (PT-2)

Here is a more current but 1929 sailing around Cape Horn in the largest square rigger of the day with old B/W movies shot by the narrator later in 1960
Watch your footing and keep one hand for yourself. Rich (PT-2)
And now a schooner around Cape Horn "Wander Bird" For our BN Build group, notice the rigging and lines, and those of the Main Boom tackle seen when before the wind and the boom is well out.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=27C285659A90A3760DA927C285659A90A3760DA9&q=Last Square Rigger sailing around Cape Horn&shtp=GetUrl&shid=86b50c35-c6be-4848-899c-fc8cdbb62f47&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.lrBOLqvBqflW4U7DCVx0iQEsDh
Subtle rigging to consider in the schooner builds.
Rich (PT-2)

And now a schooner around Cape Horn "Wander Bird" For our BN Build group, notice the rigging and lines, and those of the Main Boom tackle seen when before the wind and the boom is well out.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=27C285659A90A3760DA927C285659A90A3760DA9&q=Last Square Rigger sailing around Cape Horn&shtp=GetUrl&shid=86b50c35-c6be-4848-899c-fc8cdbb62f47&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.lrBOLqvBqflW4U7DCVx0iQEsDh
Subtle rigging to consider in the schooner builds.
Rich (PT-2)
OK, I screwed that link up and duplicated the prior square rigger. Let me try again for the Wanderbird schooner.
javascript:void(0)
Rich

OK, I screwed that link up and duplicated the prior square rigger. Let me try again for the Wanderbird schooner.
javascript:void(0)
Rich
Failed again. Last try and if it fails try Googling up a YouTube Wanderbird schoon
Rich

Back