YQ Bluenose Ted R

I doubt sealing the Tamyia tape with clear coat could be a negative. The tape usually does not allow the paint to bleed especially if you emboss it after you lay it down I have usually needed only minor touchups, but the belt and suspender approach is good!

I doubt sealing the Tamyia tape with clear coat could be a negative. The tape usually does not allow the paint to bleed especially if you emboss it after you lay it down I have usually needed only minor touchups, but the belt and suspender approach is good!
Thank you Rob

I'm working on parts 149.
I made a form and have started with practice on pieces.
The one in the photo is my first practice part. It's about 1mm thinner than the actual part
Happy modeling,
Ted

IMG20240721181034.jpg

This was my solution, Ted. You have to find the right scrap piece and file or grind out the tight radius.

View attachment 460468View attachment 460469

This was my solution, Ted. You have to find the right scrap piece and file or grind out the tight radius.

View attachment 460468View attachment 460469
That was innovative.
I think I will try bending the part to improve my skills. If it breaks it will probably be in the are where you manufactured your parts.
Best regards
Ted

I couldn’t bend the parts provided by YQ and used some wood from my stash.
Daniel’s option is a well proven one.
Regards, Peter
The second side was going perfectly but cracked at the very last little bit.
The spacing on the bends is perfect.
I think I can recover these since they are painted.
All in all not a bad exercise.
Gained a little bending skil
Happy modeler,
Ted IMG20240722180912.jpgIMG20240722180754.jpg

Their wasn't anything precise about them. Learned how to use the modelling putty from Tamiya.
Now they are acceptable.
I'm working on the splash boards or whatever is the proper nomenclature.
I'm looking forward to doing the chain plates but haven't figured out how the keep the fasteners event spaced.
Was going to attempt making a fixture to do the drilling but they are so thin I don't have any material that will
work.
Still having fun.
Best regards,
Ted

How right you are. Bouts of indecision intermixed with those of joy when I solve the problem or learn something new.
A most rewarding past time.
Some how I lost part 154. I put it in a plastic bag and numbered it. Guess what, I can't find it. In the process of bending left over mater as a replacement.
This probably falls exactly into your stated opinion.
Still enjoying my baby steps toward completion.
Best regards,
Ted

Due to I think poor light positioning I have left a small gap between the splash boards and the bottom rail.
What should I use to fill the gap.
Would super glue be suitable with touch up paint?
Otherwise things are going well.
Best regards,
Ted
IMG20240726092032.jpgIMG20240726092035.jpgIMG20240726092027.jpgIMG20240726093138.jpg

That's quite some nasty disbonds you show, Ted.
My first option would be a redo of the railing installation, pending on how the quality of the rest of the bond line is.
A second option is to search for an adhesive with filling properties and apply the adhesive with injection needles. It will have to be done very careful though, to avoid adhesive to end up on unwanted spots.
I wish you succes on overcoming this hurdle.
PS do not forget to apply pressure on the bond line.

That's quite some nasty disbonds you show, Ted.
My first option would be a redo of the railing installation, pending on how the quality of the rest of the bond line is.
A second option is to search for an adhesive with filling properties and apply the adhesive with injection needles. It will have to be done very careful though, to avoid adhesive to end up on unwanted spots.
I wish you succes on overcoming this hurdle.
PS do not forget to apply pressure on the bond line.
Thank you,
I'll try injections and if doesn't work I'll get started on the demolition again.
Best regards,
Ted

Back