YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello, Rich! What you have discovered is true. SOS is not a private forum, everything we post here can be seen by the entire world! That's the idea!!! Our web host is most-likely has a Google search plugin. We are getting famous! YAY!!!
Yes, visitors come and look at our build logs...

Last edited:
Further to the topic, this was posted today.

微信图片_20210824230314.jpg

微信图片_20210824230304.jpg

I have posted the first and the last pictures in the posting. In between there were 19 photographs of the cutting process - also showing the two parts of the frame in alignment and separate (the same pictures as on Peter's log.

The comment in essence came down to "our foreign friend" who has shown amazing creativity and who has diverted from the normal building procedure of the full-rib Bluenose by cutting the hull in half. It comments on the reasons for doing say (mainly to showcase a detailed interior) and the measures that were taken to ensure the rigidity of the assembly. It summarizes the accuracy of the assembly and how well everything lines up in the end.

Or something to that effect ...

Further to the topic, this was posted today.

View attachment 252349

View attachment 252350

I have posted the first and the last pictures in the posting. In between there were 19 photographs of the cutting process - also showing the two parts of the frame in alignment and separate (the same pictures as on Peter's log.

The comment in essence came down to "our foreign friend" who has shown amazing creativity and who has diverted from the normal building procedure of the full-rib Bluenose by cutting the hull in half. It comments on the reasons for doing say (mainly to showcase a detailed interior) and the measures that were taken to ensure the rigidity of the assembly. It summarizes the accuracy of the assembly and how well everything lines up in the end.

Or something to that effect ...
Thanxs Heinrich. Nice to read how she expressed this. :) Translated from Chinese to English to Dutch.
Now I have to make a ‘detailed interior’ ;)
Regards, Peter

Thanxs Heinrich. Nice to read how she expressed this. :) Translated from Chinese to English to Dutch.
Now I have to make a ‘detailed interior’ ;)
Regards, Peter
Come on Peter...you were going to make a detailed interior anyway....lol. But now it better be breath taking, with 1 billion people looking over your shoulder!!! :p

Come on Peter...you were going to make a detailed interior anyway....lol. But now it better be breath taking, with 1 billion people looking over your shoulder!!! :p
Now Dean, that is realty putting the pressure cooker top on to build the pressure of this event Explosion o_OCautiousShip-1 Sail on Captain Peter as the whole . . . . is watching or is it cheering!!! Thumbs-UpFirst Place MetalRich

Now Dean, that is realty putting the pressure cooker top on to build the pressure of this event Explosion o_OCautiousShip-1 Sail on Captain Peter as the whole . . . . is watching or is it cheering!!! Thumbs-UpFirst Place MetalRich
I’m just joking Rich. Peter will not succumb to pressure. He’s not trying to be famous, just building a ship. And doing a great job!

Yes, visitors come and look at our build logs...
I’m just joking Rich. Peter will not succumb to pressure. He’s not trying to be famous, just building a ship. And doing a great job!
Understood and I agree all the way. Rich
Luckily everything is again to the SoS proportions.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I think focusing on what is being posted here on SOS, and not somewhere else, is best. But that is up to you, it's your build log. ;)
Of course Dean. That's where the direct input comes from. With all the views, posts and reply's. I am thankful to everyone for that.Thumbs-Up:)Thumbs-Up
But the interest from the manufacturer YQModels is in my opinion quite special and is worth mentioning and does not detract from my log.
Regards, Peter

To build in some extra strength, I made 2 permanent pins in the lower part at the bow and stern. They fit into the corresponding hole in the top part.
305 Secure.jpg
In the 2x 4 bushings in which the 50mm supports fit, 4 removable small pins made. Then I can properly fix the two parts together when I am doing the necessary constructive work, where the hull could possibly twist / expand in some way or any deformation that is not desired.
Fit together with all the 6 pins:
306 Secure.jpg
And again, everything fits!
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Nicely done Peter

Not easy to realize this

The bolts gave me an idea, what I ran into with my sub

I'm going to get stuff tomorrow.

Nicely done Peter
Not easy to realize this
The bolts gave me an idea, what I ran into with my sub
I'm going to get stuff tomorrow.
That was actually not that bad, Henk. It has (once again) come about in steps.
For the 2x4 bushings I first drilled 4 small holes in the 4 frames of the bottom part. Then put a small nail in each hole. Then put both parts together and push the nails for pointing the corresponding holes. The 8 holes were cleared in steps to the diameter of the bushings. For the 4 50mm supports, a little shift of the bushings in relation to each other can be absorbed.
Then decided to make the front and back pin. Same method.
But I still felt that I should stabilize the upper part better when I was working in it.
Fortunately I had worked neatly and the fit for the 4 small pins was ok.
Now I make a base plate with 4 holes so that I also have the option to work fixed in the loose top. That is more easy, because with the whole on the standard it becomes a bit high and is at the expense of my back.
Regards, Peter

Then we have different ideas about jokes.
And this is no joke:
END OF THIS BUILD-LOG !!!!!
Do you feel like it now?
Peter, this would be unfortunate!
Please don't take my jokes the wrong way. I have too much respect for you, to intentionally offend you. My sincere apologies to you sir!

Last edited:
Back