YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Building the bunks in a few steps:
View attachment 257062
With everything in the 1st layer. I chose Talens Ecoline because it gives a nice matte finish.

The bunks equipped with a mattress and the lower ones with curtains:
View attachment 257063
The top one unfortunately doesn't, because they go in half halfway.
The rod is 0,5 mm brass, the curtains 1/3 layer of a tissue.

The whole glued into the hull and aligned under some deck beams:
View attachment 257064

With the moment of truth: the parts come apart and slide past each other:
View attachment 257065
I had to pry off 1 partition with a scalpel blade. Just a little too much glue.

This is what the view looks like from above:
View attachment 257066
The stove is not yet firmly in place. I'll have to check that once the deck beams are on and the stairs are in place.

From the side:
View attachment 257067
A bit of a relief that everything is 'running past each other' again.
Regards, Peter
Nice work in getting bunks for the crew, complete with privacy curtains. I recall our bunks aboard the carriers but cords and curtains were provided by the crewman in that bunk. Strange to hear the sounds at night when the curtains were pulled . . . . :oops:. Rich

Hello Peter. Here is some more news to start your week the right way.

The two most popular social channels in China are Tik-Tok and Bilibili. The latter though is seen as a more "educated" channel and attracts mostly graduates and people of a certain social standing. Please note that these are gross generalizations and as an English teacher I should know better than to say things like that, but that is how the public here PERCEIVES it.

In any case, your Bluenose is now on Bilibili as well. Congratulations!

微信图片_20210920111206.jpg

Nice work in getting bunks for the crew, complete with privacy curtains. I recall our bunks aboard the carriers but cords and curtains were provided by the crewman in that bunk. Strange to hear the sounds at night when the curtains were pulled . . . . :oops:. Rich
Thanxs Rich. I think that night sounds are the same as at a campsite, lying in a tent :)Sick
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Hello Peter. Here is some more news to start your week the right way.

The two most popular social channels in China are Tik-Tok and Bilibili. The latter though is seen as a more "educated" channel and attracts mostly graduates and people of a certain social standing. Please note that these are gross generalizations and as an English teacher I should know better than to say things like that, but that is how the public here PERCEIVES it.

In any case, your Bluenose is now on Bilibili as well. Congratulations!

View attachment 257211
Well well well, Heinrich.
Indeed a nice start of this monday morning, reading also mijn ‘Brabants Dagblad’ with a cup of thee.
I found Bilibili on the net, but then it stops for me. 翻譯和搜索......
It looks like someone, you or YQ, has made a video presentation of some pictures?
If so, my thanks to YQ @yqmodel !
Regards, Peter

Well well well, Heinrich.
Indeed a nice start of this monday morning, reading also mijn ‘Brabants Dagblad’ with a cup of thee.
I found Bilibili on the net, but then it stops for me. 翻譯和搜索......
It looks like someone, you or YQ, has made a video presentation of some pictures?
If so, my thanks to YQ @yqmodel !
Regards, Peter
If they are already interested in the splitting of the ship, imagine when they see the interior you are building! ;)

Dear fellow builders,

Without disrespecting anyone's efforts and capabilities, I hope you all see that Peter is setting standards only a few of us will ever be able to meet.
I won't speak for the other builders, but I can't help myself and come and visit Peter's build log and find myself flabbergasted.
Then I realize that, yes, I will start ánd complete the POF Bluenose, but I will not be able to come even close to the stunning beauty of this build. Even Peter's journey towards his goal is breathtaking, so I can fully understand the interest of the Chinese in this. A well deserved recognition!

Johan

Hi Dean, Henk and Jan.
If they are already interested in the splitting of the ship, imagine when they see the interior you are building! ;)
We will see what the next information shows ;) ......
Visited the content and searched for quite some time, but can't find where this is:confused::confused:
I think your Chinese is not mutch better then mine ;) ......
Wow, your idea in its final form is awesome. It’s great to follow all the discussions and then to see the final result.
Jan
Sharing the brain waves i.c. the ideas behind, is always more fun than just showing the result. :)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Dear fellow builders,

Without disrespecting anyone's efforts and capabilities, I hope you all see that Peter is setting standards only a few of us will ever be able to meet.
I won't speak for the other builders, but I can't help myself and come and visit Peter's build log and find myself flabbergasted.
Then I realize that, yes, I will start ánd complete the POF Bluenose, but I will not be able to come even close to the stunning beauty of this build. Even Peter's journey towards his goal is breathtaking, so I can fully understand the interest of the Chinese in this. A well deserved recognition!

Johan
Hi Johan,
I was just typing the answer above and saw your post. Thanxs for your very kind words!
I would like to emphasize that everyone who builds the (YQ)BN, I believe, gets the best out of what is within his or her capabilities. I hope my build doesn't cause it to stop others to posts.
I'm really happy that there are already 20 YQ-BN build logs and the great thing about it is that 20 different ones are being created. One is not better than the other. And it is precisely from all those build logs that I also get my inspiration. And don't forget the other BN build log of kits from other manufacturers or scratch. Or restorations like you do now.
And as I have stated before: it is not a competition within the SoS.
So, looking forward to the other posts,
Regards, Peter

Hi Johan,
I was just typing the answer above and saw your post. Thanxs for your very kind words!
I would like to emphasize that everyone who builds the (YQ)BN, I believe, gets the best out of what is within his or her capabilities. I hope my build doesn't cause it to stop others to posts.
I'm really happy that there are already 20 YQ-BN build logs and the great thing about it is that 20 different ones are being created. One is not better than the other. And it is precisely from all those build logs that I also get my inspiration. And don't forget the other BN build log of kits from other manufacturers or scratch. Or restorations like you do now.
Regards, Peter
Peter, I think we all enjoy following a good build log. Everyone has something they can share. You and me have discussed being analytical, sometimes to a fault...lol...but it's that attention to detail that helps you keep from overlooking something important. I know not everyone has the same problem solving skills, which are critical to design and invention, but that shouldn't stop anyone from trying. I certainly enjoy watching you put the extra details in place! ;)

Hi Johan,
Regards, Peter
Hey Peter,

I really enjoy reading your blog and other build logs; not only admiring the quality of the builds, but also the apparant affection builders have for their projects.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, it's no competition and no one should stop posting, other than after completing his build ;).
For me SOS is also a learning experience, to see and understand the issues people encounter and how issues are solved.
Just this weekend I submitted my order for the QN Bluenose kit. It will be the Admiral's Christmas present for me, so my build log will not appear before the beginning of January, but rest assured, I will be sharing my experiences in a build log.
In the meantime I'll also be following the various build logs here on SOS...

Regards,

Johan

I agree with you, Peter. There are no competitions here, most of us are enthusiasts and building models for fun! A build log like yours is a great help for us to gain the skills necessary for the current\next model.

Back