YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Although I do not intend to start the construction of the Bluenose immediately when I have the kit , I am already starting with this building report. Because the beginning of the kit starts at the factory and with his journey to my house. And that trip I came face to face through these messages from FedEx:
001 Transport1.jpg

Through this link I can see how the transport goes and it shows that my Bluenose Kit #010 has already made a whole trip around the world.
The original Bluenose has even done better:
14/12/2020 6:58 Qingdao, China
15/12/2020 2:05 Beijing, China
15/12/2020 22:24 Incheon-SI, (south) Korea
16/12/2020 00:54 Guangzou, China
16/12/2020 10:42 Koln, Germany
16/12/2020 18:32 Paris/Roissy Charles de Gaulle
17/12/2020 06:19 Utrecht, The Netherlands
Visually is this route:
In the far East:
002 Transport2.jpg
To Europa:
003 Transport3.jpg
(PS: Not by train ;))
In Europa
004 Transport4.jpg
The last part from Utrecht to Woudrichem still has to come soon ……..

The making of this report is partly motivated by the fact that I want to make a photo book/report about the construction of the Robert E. Lee. Partly mainly for myself but also for others who want to know something about it. Then you don't have to open the PC and internet and wrestle through the entire build-log. And easy if the Lee might ever be on an exhibition somewhere.
From the build of the Bluenose will also comes such a book. And the starting of this build-log is a good beginning for that book.
And in fact, my wife inspired me to make one. Because i've have quite a bit of experience in making reports like this. For example by making photo books/reports of my expedition climbs such as:
2009/2010 Mont-Blanc (highest mountain in the Alps)
2011 Toubkal (highest mountain in Marocco / North Africa)
2012 Elbrus (highest mountain in Europe)
2013 Ben Nevis (highest mountain in Scotland)
2015 Kilimanjaro (highest mountain in Africa)
And several other sporting activities.
So, now you will know a bit more about my sporting activities that will also take a lot of time. Because in a trekking organization of a few colleagues I support and supervise several trekkings, in recent years especially those with / on the MTB.
When the Bluenose is arrived, I will tell something more about myself in the INTRODUCTION-log.

Let's wait and see if FedEx is indeed on the doorstep on Monday.
And who knows, I'll start with the Bluenose anyway....... I can hardly wait.....
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to do that.
Hi Don,
Thanxs for the 1e and quick reaction.
I did it on my iMac with MAPS. Find the locations and make separate print-screens.
In Photoshop I have merged all the locations banners on the overall maps and draw some arrows between the locations.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
That is amazing Jonge Heer (young man)! I am so glad to see you start this build log. All I can tell the other builders and members - you are in for a real treat with Peter's Bluenose! His Robert E. Lee is exquisite to say the least!

That is amazing Jonge Heer (young man)! I am so glad to see you start this build log. All I can tell the other builders and members - you are in for a real treat with Peter's Bluenose! His Robert E. Lee is exquisite to say the least!
Bending ..... bending ..... bending .....
I almost hit my desk by this compliment :). Not bad for a young man of 63!
Regards, Peter

21/12/2020 13:30 PM, the doorbell rings: FedEx with a package for Mr. P. Voogt:
004a FedEx.jpg
005 Transport5.jpg

'Conditioned' quickly opened the package and inside a nice box whiteout any damage:
006 Transport6.jpg
007 Transport7.jpg

Safely stowed in The Lee's display case. To resist the temptation to start right away:
009 Safe.jpg
(The cable construction on top is to easily take the display case over and from the model when I am working on it.)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Man oh man! That is how a delivery should be - from FedEx, by a FedEx delivery van and straight to the front door! That is how we arranged it and how it was promised to us it would be. Fantastic news, Peter - Congratulations! And to the rest of the members: WATCH THIS LOG!

Man oh man! That is how a delivery should be - from FedEx, by a FedEx delivery van and straight to the front door! That is how we arranged it and how it was promised to us it would be. Fantastic news, Peter - Congratulations! And to the rest of the members: WATCH THIS LOG!
Thanks Heinrich,
And to the rest of the members: Chances are you'll have to wait a while for the actual construction! ;) But you never know ...........
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Right on Peter, happy for you buddy! I'm hoping the temptation to start it early wins you over and we see a start soon!! o_O
Hi Don,
Tja ....... struggle...... wipping on my chair ....... The Lee calls: finish me!
Thats what I first will do first.
And the Duc wants its wheel fit on.
Regards, Peter

Although I do not intend to start the construction of the Bluenose immediately when I have the kit , I am already starting with this building report. Because the beginning of the kit starts at the factory and with his journey to my house. And that trip I came face to face through these messages from FedEx:
View attachment 200119

Through this link I can see how the transport goes and it shows that my Bluenose Kit #010 has already made a whole trip around the world.
The original Bluenose has even done better:
14/12/2020 6:58 Qingdao, China
15/12/2020 2:05 Beijing, China
15/12/2020 22:24 Incheon-SI, (south) Korea
16/12/2020 00:54 Guangzou, China
16/12/2020 10:42 Koln, Germany
16/12/2020 18:32 Paris/Roissy Charles de Gaulle
17/12/2020 06:19 Utrecht, The Netherlands
Visually is this route:
In the far East:
View attachment 200120
To Europa:
View attachment 200121
(PS: Not by train ;))
In Europa
View attachment 200122
The last part from Utrecht to Woudrichem still has to come soon ……..

The making of this report is partly motivated by the fact that I want to make a photo book/report about the construction of the Robert E. Lee. Partly mainly for myself but also for others who want to know something about it. Then you don't have to open the PC and internet and wrestle through the entire build-log. And easy if the Lee might ever be on an exhibition somewhere.
From the build of the Bluenose will also comes such a book. And the starting of this build-log is a good beginning for that book.
And in fact, my wife inspired me to make one. Because i've have quite a bit of experience in making reports like this. For example by making photo books/reports of my expedition climbs such as:
2009/2010 Mont-Blanc (highest mountain in the Alps)
2011 Toubkal (highest mountain in Marocco / North Africa)
2012 Elbrus (highest mountain in Europe)
2013 Ben Nevis (highest mountain in Scotland)
2015 Kilimanjaro (highest mountain in Africa)
And several other sporting activities.
So, now you will know a bit more about my sporting activities that will also take a lot of time. Because in a trekking organization of a few colleagues I support and supervise several trekkings, in recent years especially those with / on the MTB.
When the Bluenose is arrived, I will tell something more about myself in the INTRODUCTION-log.

Let's wait and see if FedEx is indeed on the doorstep on Monday.
And who knows, I'll start with the Bluenose anyway....... I can hardly wait.....
Regards, Peter
It looks like you are trying to summit the highest peaks on each of the continents and maybe in as many countries as well on your epic journey of life and publishing. Well documented. Rich (PT-2)

It looks like you are trying to summit the highest peaks on each of the continents and maybe in as many countries as well on your epic journey of life and publishing. Well documented. Rich (PT-2)
Thanks for the reply, Rich.
To reach The 7-Summits is far beyond my skills. The mentioned mountains are all, in Alpine terms, ‘walking’ mountains. On snow and ice you walk on rope with crampons. But no rope-climbing-technics. Just to mention a little list with mountains people probably known.
Regards,Peter

Thanks for the reply, Rich.
To reach The 7-Summits is far beyond my skills. The mentioned mountains are all, in Alpine terms, ‘walking’ mountains. On snow and ice you walk on rope with crampons. But no rope-climbing-technics. Just to mention a little list with mountains people probably known.
Regards,Peter
Crampon "walk-ups" are better that wingtip shoes or loafers under a desk. Well done. Rich

I could no longer resist the temptation........... I had to see and feel the material of the YuanQing Bluenose kit.
But first made a suitable workplace.
As Heinrich advised: straight and flat. Pulled out an old thick mirror and my steel ruler.
011 Base1.jpg
012 Base2.jpg
At that very moment, the sun appeared, like a mirror.
And I have no beautiful glass kitchen table like Don ;)

In addition to my diamond files, these 3 sand cubes in 3 different grains are also looked up. They're pretty angled and flat.
013 Sand.jpg

First, I start by complimenting YuanQing. The parts are razor sharp lasered and beautiful quality wood!.
I looked to the build-log from Heinrich and I will not make a copy of it. I'll supplement it with items I ran into.
Like Heinrich and Don, the construction of a ship starts with the keel.
The parts of course first dry fitted. You only have to remove the small bridges where the parts are still stuck in the planks.
And sand carefully the laser-black as Heinrich mentioned.
Then it fit seamlessly.
014 Kiel1.jpg

The first 2 parts on the slope, glued and fixed.
015 Kiel2.jpg

And seamlessly you can only show it if you hold it against the light:
016 Kiel3.jpg

So, the head is off, the keel is laid.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back